Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a relationship with their brother like i do? Its like both of us are gunning for power over eachother. Whenever we have a convo, i just know we wont have a normal convo. In where instead its just focused on one another having more power or something! Its crazy. Its got nothing to do with me, as i get on cool with my buddies. We get our times when we get along but most times its just him whos picking bits of what i say and making me look stupid and then i just go and follow suit and do it myself on other times that we talk. Its like our aim is to make ourselves look better than the other. I just realised today that i totally dont get on with him which sucks coz we're brothers!

Anyone be able to relate to me here? Is it just a brother thing?

ReputationRep:
    Sisters are much worse. Everyone I know with a sister (esp younger) just doesn't get along. They just argue all the time and sisters are just horrible.

ReputationRep:
    is there an underlying tension between you two of sorts?

i don't have a brother but have two sisters

why not just a fight to end all fights lol

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like perfectly normal sibling relationship to me.

I however get on fine with my brother, the fact that he lives about 4 hours drive away, I only see him once in a blue moon (if i see him once a year it's an event) and we rarely talk by 'phone I think has helped our relationship immensely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Quixote)
    Sisters are much worse. Everyone I know with a sister (esp younger) just doesn't get along. They just argue all the time and sisters are just horrible.
    tell me about it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i get on really well with my sister, she's one of my best friends. though i should admit that she's 7 years older. we've got much closer as i've got older, because the age gap seems to be smaller. we even got on ok when she was living at home for a bit last year! but she and my mum wind each other up so it's easier when she's away, i miss her loads though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i get on really well with my sister, she's one of my best friends. though i should admit that she's 7 years older. we've got much closer as i've got older, because the age gap seems to be smaller. we even got on ok when she was living at home for a bit last year! but she and my mum wind each other up so it's easier when she's away, i miss her loads though.
    i get along really well with my sister too!
    have been for the past 2/3 years, im 17 shes 18. we used to hate each other and argue all the time but we are fine now, argue occasionally when i want her to do something or when she wants me to do something but thats normal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i get along really well with my sister too!
    have been for the past 2/3 years, im 17 shes 18. we used to hate each other and argue all the time but we are fine now, argue occasionally when i want her to do something or when she wants me to do something but thats normal!
    i'm the baby in my family, my brother and sister are 9 and 7 years older. i always used to want to have someone closer in age but now i think i've got the best of both worlds - i get to be spoilt because i'm the only one at home, got big bro and sis to sort things out for me, as well as hardly ever getting into trouble because everything i do has been done before me! heehee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i'm the baby in my family, my brother and sister are 9 and 7 years older. i always used to want to have someone closer in age but now i think i've got the best of both worlds - i get to be spoilt because i'm the only one at home, got big bro and sis to sort things out for me, as well as hardly ever getting into trouble because everything i do has been done before me! heehee!
    i get spoilt by my daddy coz im his little girl! im not the baby i got a younger bro, my mum spoils him! my sister? she just gets everything coz she is the oldest!! grr and only by a year!

ReputationRep:
    I can understand if it's a younger sister (cos quite a few of my mates have them), but i get on great with my older sister.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.