The Student Room Group

A level physics homework - vectors and forces

Hi, I've got homework for my a level physics that needs to be in for tomorrow and I am really stuck on what to do. I have attached a picture of the two questions, question 11 and question 12 that I am stuck on. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me, I really need to get this done but I have no idea what to do!! Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Iphysics
Hi, I've got homework for my a level physics that needs to be in for tomorrow and I am really stuck on what to do. I have attached a picture of the two questions, question 11 and question 12 that I am stuck on. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me, I really need to get this done but I have no idea what to do!! Thank you!

????? Anyone?!!!!
Original post by Iphysics

start by resolving horizontally and vertically.
you can then add the components together, and it's just a matter of a bit of trig and pythagoras
Just finished my gcses and is considered a grade 6/7 question. Q11. Basically find a suitable key like 10,000N:1cm convert kN to N (x1000) then have it so 30,000N = 3cm and 18,000N = 1.8cm, in gcse you cannot use trig or Pythagoras for this so this is a better alt, get a compass and take length of 3cm from ruler and go parallel to it on the 1.8cm (18kN) side and draw a arc (should be roughly in line of XO) do the same on the 3cm side with the 1.8cm and where the arcs meet draw a straight line and measure the resultant length - now remember your key? 10,000N:1cm, so if your resultant length is 6cm it would be 60,000N (60kN) s the resultant. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest