The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Baron Huntroyde
We all do, a bit, but we're not going to get the money from anywhere else other than parents to buy a car, are we?

Speak for yourself.

BTW Ford Focus, I REALLY miss my Clio.
Reply 41
sashh
Speak for yourself.

BTW Ford Focus, I REALLY miss my Clio.

where you gonna get the cash from?
Reply 42
chats
where you gonna get the cash from?

Ever heard of working? Many parents can't afford to buy their kids cars.
Reply 43
sashh
Ever heard of working? Many parents can't afford to buy their kids cars.

yeh i'm working for a deposit on a new car, my parents couldnt afford one months insuarance let alone a new car
Reply 44
chats
yeh i'm working for a deposit on a new car, my parents couldnt afford one months insuarance let alone a new car

Er so why are you asking me where I'm gonna get cash from?
Reply 45
sashh
Er so why are you asking me where I'm gonna get cash from?

it seemed like u were gonna get cash some dodgy way
Reply 46
I have a mark1 ford fiesta 1.3 GL. The old X-reg, with just 18,000 miles....

Unlike most of your cars mines actually going up in value :smile:

I also drive my mums volvo s40 and my dads bmw. But i prefer the fiesta! No power steering or smooth gear box makes the driving experience far better!
Reply 47
chats
it seemed like u were gonna get cash some dodgy way

LOL just because my parent's haven't bought me a car.
Reply 48
sashh
LOL just because my parent's haven't bought me a car.

my parents bought me my first car, a Rover 214 Si, and it was cool, but i sold it and bought my Corsa SXI, and it so much better, it makes you appreciate it so much more!!!
i have a 1980 mini 1000
Reply 50
Well I've just bought (myself - not parents!) a new corsa as I need it for placements at uni. Used to drive mum's Yaris, but this is my 1st car.
Reply 51
joyabbott
Well I've just bought (myself - not parents!) a new corsa as I need it for placements at uni. Used to drive mum's Yaris, but this is my 1st car.

i got a corsa too! they rock. what sort is it??
Reply 52
It's a Corsa Active 1.2 - It's got everything I need, and was a fantastic deal.
Reply 53
canuck
Hey, i was wondering what cars you students drive over there? I have a 1977 MG midget, and boy its almost like a gocart. Since british leyland is do dead, do you students drive nimp cars?
my car got scrapped yesterday :frown: i had a micra, but it died
Reply 54
I've got a nice little green yaris :biggrin:

Its a great car - shame the model I've got hasn't got air con though :frown:
Reply 55
I have a blue suburu impreza, with lots of fancy stuff with it. Its good for showing off when I need to haha and pciking up girls ofcourse. :smile:
Reply 56
sm0273
I have a blue suburu impreza, with lots of fancy stuff with it. Its good for showing off when I need to haha and pciking up girls ofcourse. :smile:

But the question is, why didn't you get an Evo? :wink:

I drive a red Nissan Micra. Girls' car, but I like it and it's cheap to run.
I bought my first car - a month or so after it died (while I was still temping and absolutly skint) my parents jobs changed and they no longer need to keep two cars and they very kindly let me have my current car - an L reg astra. It's not exactly luxurious but it's mine through and through (from the glasto car pass on the windscreen, through the mess inside to the stop esso sticker on theback :smile: )

When this one dies I'll probably see if I can afford a newish car instead of the usual old banger but that depends on what car hubby gets when his contract is up for renewal next october.
Reply 58
Gimp
But the question is, why didn't you get an Evo? :wink:

Because it was a birthday present. Bit ignorant to ask them if I can sell it.
Reply 59
sm0273
Because it was a birthday present. Bit ignorant to ask them if I can sell it.

Never! They won't mind :tongue: hehe. Generous present, lucky you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending