The Student Room Group

Can I get into PPE without Maths?

I want to apply to Philosophy, Politics and Economics, probably at UEA and the requirement is ABB (I currently have ABD in English Lit, Art, and Philosophy).
I was just wondering if they will turn me down because I haven't studied a maths-based subject to count for the Economics part - all my subjects are essay-based. The highest maths qualification I have is a B in GCSE maths. If so, what are some things I can do to demonstrate the economics part?? Or should I just apply for Philosophy and Politics without the Economics??
Original post by emiliephillips
I want to apply to Philosophy, Politics and Economics, probably at UEA and the requirement is ABB (I currently have ABD in English Lit, Art, and Philosophy).
I was just wondering if they will turn me down because I haven't studied a maths-based subject to count for the Economics part - all my subjects are essay-based. The highest maths qualification I have is a B in GCSE maths. If so, what are some things I can do to demonstrate the economics part?? Or should I just apply for Philosophy and Politics without the Economics??

On the website of UEA it does not mention maths a level, only having a c at GCSE. There are loads of places which don't require maths a level for PPE; such as Hull (280 UCAS points), and Essex (ABB), Stirling (BBB),

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending