The Student Room Group

Girls, your crush talking about a boring subject ?

Well I get on well with my crush we've been on a date and its gone well, we'll probably meet again. However I really love football and go to a lot of games and those who, know about football will understand there is a tremendos level of passion associated with it.

However I was speaking to my crush about a game I went to for me its a good topic to talk about and anyone who knows me I rarely shut up when it comes to football. So I started talking to my crush about the match and she was soo disinterested, this is like the second time ive spoken to her about. We rarely speak about it.

But im a little bit embarassed, she moved quickly on a different topic. However I know a lot of girls who complain about their partners football enthusiam.

But if you liked the guy would you still talk about it or would you be like **** it cba, move on to another conversation ?

Boring thread but im bored lol. So what do you think ?
Talk about football because you like it however ask her about herself and her stuff. To balance it out.
Reply 2
I like politics and history. Many people do not. I don't bore them by talking about it if they are obviously not interested. That goes for crushes/girlfriends/girls ect. as well.
There's only so much one can take. Imagine she loved watching cricket and she wanted to talk about it 24/7 - i can guarantee you'd get bored. I'd take interest in the things my love interest likes to ask extent, but if he went overboard I'd be disinterested too! Tone it down and vary the topics you talk about.
If a guy starts talking to me about football, I just zone out. For some girls it's just one of those things that are like convo killers. Wouldn't you rather she moved onto a different topic you could both talk about than falling asleep on you?
Reply 5
Original post by phunky_fresh
There's only so much one can take. Imagine she loved watching cricket and she wanted to talk about it 24/7 - i can guarantee you'd get bored. I'd take interest in the things my love interest likes to ask extent, but if he went overboard I'd be disinterested too! Tone it down and vary the topics you talk about.

Its not overboard I only spoke about it once or twice and not majorly ? Like you said you would take interest if the guy wanted to speak about it......
Reply 6
Original post by Limerence
If a guy starts talking to me about football, I just zone out. For some girls it's just one of those things that are like convo killers. Wouldn't you rather she moved onto a different topic you could both talk about than falling asleep on you?

But it want her to understand me, its not just football its a lot of work and travelling sometimes saturdays are made for football. Ie getting up early and travelling away. If we to get together I would still go to matches. I also play sometimes too so I thought I may mention it. So she understands me.
Original post by Anonymous
But it want her to understand me, its not just football its a lot of work and travelling sometimes saturdays are made for football. Ie getting up early and travelling away. If we to get together I would still go to matches. I also play sometimes too so I thought I may mention it. So she understands me.

There's wanting someone to understand you and then there's boring them to death. You said "I rarely shut up when it comes to football" so just cool it down a bit. To you it may feel like you've hardly even mentioned the subject but to her it may be more than enough. Try to find a limit.
Basic mistake.
As long as the drinks keep coming I'd feign interest.

We all have different things we're interested or passionate about.
My bf loves computers and he talks about technology almost 24/7 (well it feels like that at times :tongue: ) and it does bore me a lot but I understand its his interest and I just nod and smile when he does go a bit overboard with it. I'm sure he feels the same way when I talk about something that he isn't interested in. There will always be subjects you and your partner find boring but the other likes. As long as you have fun when you talk about other things, especially things you both like and you have more fun in general than you ever have boredom, you have nothing to worry about.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
My bf loves computers and he talks about technology almost 24/7 (well it feels like that at times) and it does bore me a lot but I understand its his interest and I just nod and smile while he talks about it too much. I'm sure he feels the same way when I talk about something that he isn't interested in. There will always be subjects you and your partner find boring but the other likes. As long as you have fun when you talk about other things, especially things you both like and you have more fun in general than you ever have boredom, you have nothing to worry about.
Posted from TSR Mobile

^ Yeah I can see where you're coming from a bit there....
Reply 12
When a guy tries to impress me by showing off how much he drinks and goes out ....it's just stupid ...
Original post by carola
When a guy tries to impress me by showing off how much he drinks and goes out ....it's just stupid ...

Yeah but that just stupid, some can see him as a 'waste man' if he says things like that. Football is a little differetn fair enough not everyone is interested in it. But there's a lot of passion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending