The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

coldfish
Descartes walks into a pub...

...and the bartender says "would you like a beer, sir?"...
Zarathustra
...and the bartender says "would you like a beer, sir?"...
Descartes replies, "I think not" ...
Reply 282
Hi, are you still accepting requests to join this society? I've applied through group memberships and was just curious. I'd love to join up. :smile: Thanks!
MarcD
Hi, are you still accepting requests to join this society?
What sort of punchline is that? :smile:
grumballcake
Errm. Would you say that space is invented too? Since Einstein we've known that space and time are interrelated.

space is one of the considerations that brought about time, the creation/invention of space is another issue entirely
My first post in the PhilSoc thread!! Hello everyone *waves*

I've been a member for a couple of weeks or so since the fabulous Zarathustra confirmed my membership :tongue:

I love philosophy (not studying it at uni or anything) and find it very interesting and inspiring although it also scares me slightly, especially when complex debates get going.

I shall drop by again soon sometime and take part in some deep-thinking, analytical discussion.
Reply 286
red_roadkill, a question for you. Why are you here?
toluseunfawole
space is one of the considerations that brought about time, the creation/invention of space is another issue entirely
Well, that's either incredibly deep, or it's nonsense. Are you saying that Einstein was wrong and that the physical universe does not have four dimensions? Or are you on some sort of Heideggerian journey? Please could you elucidate?
Reply 288
And furthermore, elaborate as well please?
ramroff
red_roadkill, a question for you. Why are you here?

Get over yourself ramroff friggin hell. Why are you here?

I joined because I like philosophy and intend to take some modules of it at university. Why do you give a toss anyway?
Reply 290
:rolleyes: Someone has some anger today...

It was a philsophical question, not one of rudeness. And if you thought outside of the box, you would have realised it wasn't just about why you were part of this soc, but also, why do you think you are were you are in life.

Care to respond? Without the rudeness please..
ramroff
:rolleyes: Someone has some anger today... Hmm and someone has been fishing today too. :smile: I'm not entirely convinced that the question was purely philosophical, but I'd agree that an opportunity was missed to give a purely philosophical answer.

I would have thought that the answer "I'm interested" is enough, isn't it? After all, few of us make our living at it.
Reply 292
I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE here saw that the question had two meanings. :smile:
Reply 293
MarcD
I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE here saw that the question had two meanings. :smile:

Except Calvin, of course.
I think we should get back to philosophy jokes. ;p
Reply 295
MarcD

No, it only had one meaning and it was the philosophical one
ramroff
No, it only had one meaning and it was the philosophical one
Jacques Derrida would snigger at that, but he's dead. :smile:
Reply 297
Actually, I would say the response to my question can be another point of debate: why do humans always assume the worst?
Reply 298
so that if it's not you feel great, but if it is, you can be prepared for it. it works advantageously in both scenarios.
Reply 299
It seems to have worked advantageously in this case :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending