Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A philosophy society without me? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel left out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mat666)
    Don't feel left out
    Hehehe, why would I? I'm too worthy lol.

ReputationRep:
    You're on the memberlist mate

ReputationRep:
    I think therefore I am :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    I think therefore I am :rolleyes:
    oo! I hope a discussion of the cogito comes up 2moro!

ReputationRep:
    Religion of GOD is my worst topic by far, might as well of been written in Polish :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MUSIQ SOULGIRL)
    Religion of GOD is my worst topic by far, might as well of been written in Polish :mad:
    Hum? You mean philosophy of religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Hum? You mean philosophy of religion?
    Presumably, as most religions include God. A study of Religion of God could be Christianity in comparison to Buddhism of course.

I haven't heard of it though.

ReputationRep:
    May I join? Doing OCR A2 Religous studies at the moment (Philosophy of Religion and Ethics), going on (hopefully) to do Philosophy at Durham next year.

Philosophy to me is the investigative question of why things are. It does not have to be necessarily classical philosophy, on issues such as souls, or the long debated existence of God. Nor does it have to have such dramatic implications as the beginnings of the universe. That is all philosophy, but examining the questions of everyday life is just as much so.
    I've always been rather fond of the quote that "Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirki)

I've always been rather fond of the quote that "Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language."
    Brilliant. And you may certainly, i'll add you to the memberlist and you can put it in your sig.

ReputationRep:
    i'll join, even though i don't particularly like the subject... i am meant to be revising it at the moment.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i'll join, even though i don't particularly like the subject... i am meant to be revising it at the moment.

lou xxx
    Sounds a good enough reason to me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Quick! Emergency!

I'm doing AQA philosophy A2 - the Nietzsche module. And I don't know if I have enough notes on some things. Anyone else doing it, or anyone with a good knowledge of Beyond Good and Evil really, pretty please look at my thread and help me..?

http://www.uk-learning.net/t50043.html

Emma
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Can I join, i'm doing OCR RS with Phil of Religion, and PPE at St. Peters from October

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to join the PhilSoc - put me down . Am applying to do philosophy next year....hope to have some cracking discussions!

ReputationRep:
    I wanna join this one, going to do PPE~~~~
    let me join, please?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, sorry about the long-time-ive-not-replied, yes I'll put you all on the memberlist.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I pm'd an application. Doing AS level RS (philosophy and ethics) next year, plus do philosophy at home. Currently wading through Hume's 'treatise of human nature.'

ReputationRep:
    Let me join! I did it for AS and am doing it for A2. I think Epistomology is great, but Ethics is really dull.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 14, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.