ASTON UNIVERSITY - Please HELP!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
The Cool Dude
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey guys wats your views on this university ?
Has anyone applied?
Anyone interested in the Business courses on offer?
Business....iz dat a good degree to pursue....can you expect a fat salary with this degree?
Aston seems to have got 85% of their Graduates with a 2:1 or a 1:1 last year....according to times university guide, how do i find out how many of those got a 1:1 ?

Do you know anyone that goes to Aston atm ? If so what do they think of it ? The Business Courses on offer?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I applied to Aston for Business administration and Human Pyschology. I got an Offer of 280 UCAS points ie. BBC

There is a lot of work to be done, becuase it's joint honours; so you can expect that. The year working in an industry is really good, employers love their work experience. If you have that, an employer could choose you over a graduate from oxford depending on the job.

The university i found was a bit dull, not dull in the sense of cambridge or oxford, but just a bit plain and boring and dark.

It's up to personal preference i guess.
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oxbridge ain't that dull, the town of oxford is well nice. I agree however that their work experience is highly desired by employers.
Where else you lookin at?

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I don't mean oxbridge is dull, i typed wrong. I meant dingy, it's dark. Which people argue gives it atmosphere.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fair enough.

Phil
The Cool Dude
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Anyone else ?
DonaKabachi
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Dont go to aston its a crap hole,

no hard feelings though
The Cool Dude
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Why is it a crap hole?
tel me
i heard Birmingham City is quite nice mate.
Dam
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know anything about the uni or the area aston, but from what I've seen I wouldn't say birmingham city is 'nice' exactly, but then not many cities are these days.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Dam
I don't know anything about the uni or the area aston, but from what I've seen I wouldn't say birmingham city is 'nice' exactly, but then not many cities are these days.
Birmingham City Centre, actually aint bad as far as cities centres go; good shopping, good nightlife (doesn't beat of Nottingham but still). The area of Aston itself aint all that clever, and it had well publisised gun crime problems over New Year.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yea, da Area has a high crime rate, guns and all dat, I heard there's cops wid guns on patrol in the area. And I heard on the news that a few people got gunned down, in a new years party, or sumtin, I think.

regards
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Yea, da Area has a high crime rate, guns and all dat, I heard there's cops wid guns on patrol in the area. And I heard on the news that a few people got gunned down, in a new years party, or sumtin, I think.

regards
haha
i aint scared mate.
u wana gun me down BRING IT ON!

Im ready for ya...................

Im more interested in what the university itself is like....more den who can gun me down....
The Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u wana gun me down BRING IT ON!

You wouldn't be saying that if you got shot mate!

I'm not familiar with Aston university so can't comment why don't you visit?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by The Dude)
You wouldn't be saying that if you got shot mate!

I'm not familiar with Aston university so can't comment why don't you visit?
I have.
Looks nice. But looks dont tel much itz all about gettin the grades.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have.
Looks nice. But looks dont tel much itz all about gettin the grades.
www.aston.ac.uk

Have a good look around the website and delve into your subjects' home page, they should be able to tell you more about what pass rates they have, and the destinations of their graduates.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads