Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    conversion to ethanoic acid for a tough one...
    i put CH3CH2OH + [O] --> CH3COOH + H2O...
    i was meant to be CH3CHO + [O] --> CH3COOH... hai but i got my first one right tho

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put as a use for the polymar later on in the unit 2 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    of course i am! in England, we use an s not a z!

i said steel cathode & graphite anone, which i'm not sure is right. i looked it up and it said that some early membrane cells used graphite anodes, so i don't know if i'll get that mark... hmmm
    I dont think you should use a graphite anode cause chlorine produce would just dissociate the thing so fast that you have to use lots of cash to replace them....so the answer must be platinum
    and i just checked at dictionary.com...there is no "fertiliser" but fertilisers exist

and as for the cathode..
    did anyone put iron as the cathode?dont tell me im the only one?
    and yeah,about steel...whats the composition of steel?

uisages of poly chloroethane = wire insulators

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalaysianDude)
    I dont think you should use a graphite anode cause chlorine produce would just dissociate the thing so fast that you have to use lots of cash to replace them....so the answer must be platinum
    and i just checked at dictionary.com...there is no "fertiliser" but fertilisers exist

and as for the cathode..
    dictionary.com is american! back me up other english people! we do spell it 'fertiliser' don't we?

steel is iron and carbon.
    oh and isn't carbon thermodynamically stable wrt Cl2 so it wouldn't react? i'm sure platinum's a better answer, but i might get a mark for graphite.

i said packaging for use of the polymer...

ReputationRep:
    dictionary.com is american! back me up other english people! we do spell it 'fertiliser' don't we?

steel is iron and carbon

i said packaging for use of the polymer...
    lol...ok then..ill support the english this time hehehe
    and yeah i just realised i made a mistake at the part where you`ll have to write the oxidation of ethanol
    that`ll cost me 2 points
    argh !!

but i can find no other mistakes yipeee !!

ReputationRep:
    how easy could module 1 get lol. Well i've got an A in that paper unless all u lot do really well.
    Module 2 was ok a few wierd questions but on the whole good.
    Module 3b i got most of the questions after a bit of thought. The alst question was odd but made up some stuff abt a stopwatch and calculating rate. The calculations in it were easyish apart from the enthalpy calcs wast sure what to do there.

ReputationRep:
    what mistake was that, malaysiandude?

ReputationRep:
    what mistake was that, malaysiandude?
    i went to add the H+ from the sulphuric acid into the solution and trhen balanced it...
    jeeze...unit 5 must have influenced me...
    cause in unit 5 and unit 6,you`ll have to write out the complete oxidation and not the [O] which includes the H+ ions

ReputationRep:
    I found the exams went quite well.

ReputationRep:
    erm sorry to say but
    thats 2 points for both of them

and cathode has multiple answers besides iron...can be steel,alloy etc.

and can someone pls write out the equation for the production of ammonium sulphate??
    and yes even though it is just a acid base neutralisation process...i dont hink water is coming out as a by product
    i did all 3 paper
    1 was a nice paper
    2 not bad, harder than jan 04
    3 U HAD TO THINK ALOT!!!
    ... what a bout hydrochloric acid and chlorine??were the products? i mean the very 1st question on paper2...
    by the way wats the equation for 2nd electron affinity of Nitrogen?

ReputationRep:

and as for the cathode..

uisages of poly chloroethane = wire insulators
    i put it could be used as pesticides is this right?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanaz)
    i put it could be used as pesticides is this right?!?!?
    ermm...im not too sure about that..
    but its rather usual that it is either used as fertilisers or the production of bombs or whatever...

ReputationRep:
    most of our school struggled with units 2 and 3

ReputationRep:
    we struggled with unit3 . unit 2 was ok except a few odd questions. unit 3 was hard man...!

ReputationRep:
    unit 3 was hard, less time harder questions.......

ReputationRep:
    the 1st question of unit 3 (edexcel): the last part for 5 marks, was it Br2, HBr, SO2 for the bottom one and HCl for the top one?

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys get something like -605 for the hess's law question on unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heidi)
    Did you guys get something like -605 for the hess's law question on unit 2?
    nopes
    it was -896 if i remember right..
    and im pretty positive thats the answer..
    why?cause the answer was given on the next page per/gram.just use that value and multiply with 16..you`ll get the answer for the hess law question

btw,they asked for the definition of the enthalphy of formation didnt they??why did they ask us to calculate the enthalphy of combustion???sigh...weird EDEXCEL

ReputationRep:
    nopes
    it was -896 if i remember right..
    and im pretty positive thats the answer..
    why?cause the answer was given on the next page per/gram.just use that value and multiply with 16..you`ll get the answer for the hess law question

btw,they asked for the definition of the enthalphy of formation didnt they??why did they ask us to calculate the enthalphy of combustion???sigh...weird EDEXCEL
    I had -891 Which i think is correct, but im not too sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ƒlå®è®)
    I had -891 Which i think is correct, but im not too sure
    yups thats the right answer man..dont worry..
    i just canremember the answer properly..
    i just know its -89(something)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.