The Student Room Group

UCAS Application for Law - School in Bottom 40%?

Hey!

When I was researching about the different universities I would like to go to I noticed a lower, contextual offer of AAB, than the usual AAA/A*AB to study law at Bristol, for schools/colleges that were in the bottom 40%.

When I checked the list, my school was on there, and therefore I was wondering if this was something that other unis, other than Bristol, will take into consideration.
I achieved AAAA for AS, and I am predicted A*A*A for A2. As Law is highly competitive, would this highlight my academic achievement to other unis.

I am considering Oxford, Kings, LSE, Queens and Warwick for law.
Original post by LegalEagle123
Hey!

When I was researching about the different universities I would like to go to I noticed a lower, contextual offer of AAB, than the usual AAA/A*AB to study law at Bristol, for schools/colleges that were in the bottom 40%.

When I checked the list, my school was on there, and therefore I was wondering if this was something that other unis, other than Bristol, will take into consideration.
I achieved AAAA for AS, and I am predicted A*A*A for A2. As Law is highly competitive, would this highlight my academic achievement to other unis.

Yes, but each university has different criteria for assessing the scale of disadvantage, so you need to check each university's website to see if you qualify. .
Original post by LegalEagle123
Hey!

It will say on the university website if they do. Though generally as well as going to a poorly performing school you also need to meet at least one other criteria like first in the family to uni, difficult circumstances at home, live in an area with low university attendance e.c.t

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending