What kind?
Ellie96
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CorbynsConcubine)
What kind?
It's honestly down to a matter of preference, some prefer pencil over liquid or gel but personally I prefer liquid with a felt pen applicator because I find it more precise than a brush. You'll just have to do trial and error! Also, I find Rimmel as a brand to be pretty good
CorbynsConcubine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Ellie96)
It's honestly down to a matter of preference, some prefer pencil over liquid or gel but personally I prefer liquid with a felt pen applicator because I find it more precise than a brush. You'll just have to do trial and error! Also, I find Rimmel as a brand to be pretty good
Does liquid tug on your eyes? It looks hard but I will try Which Rimmel one? Thanks!
Ellie96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does liquid tug on your eyes? It looks hard but I will try Which Rimmel one? Thanks!
Not in my experience! And it does take some practice, I did start with pencil (which is good for a smokey eye and the like) but once you get liquid down, it looks so much better! I use scandaleyes micro eyeliner (which looks more like a pen) or Exaggerate eyeliner (which lasts longer in my opinion but is slightly more difficult to get used to), both are good
CorbynsConcubine
Rep:
?
Not in my experience! And it does take some practice, I did start with pencil (which is good for a smokey eye and the like) but once you get liquid down, it looks so much better! I use scandaleyes micro eyeliner (which looks more like a pen) or Exaggerate eyeliner (which lasts longer in my opinion but is slightly more difficult to get used to), both are good
OK I'll try those out what other stuff should I get? Foundation or concealer?
Ellie96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OK I'll try those out what other stuff should I get? Foundation or concealer?
If you want full coverage, I recommend Rimmel match perfection liquid foundation (Many shades, so you'll be able to easily find one for your skin tone!) but for lighter coverage and something that feels a bit more 'breathable'on the skin I'd say go for a bb cream, it also looks more natural! Also, if it has SPF, that's a bonus! Concealer is the same, focus on finding one that matches your skin tone.
Mascara is also an essential, great for those casual days too.
I recommend having a neutral eyeshadow palette as well as a bold one, just for whatever suits your mood or the occasion!
And lip stick, lip gloss, lip stains.. Just look around and see what you like
CorbynsConcubine
Rep:
?
If you want full coverage, I recommend Rimmel match perfection liquid foundation (Many shades, so you'll be able to easily find one for your skin tone!) but for lighter coverage and something that feels a bit more 'breathable'on the skin I'd say go for a bb cream, it also looks more natural! Also, if it has SPF, that's a bonus! Concealer is the same, focus on finding one that matches your skin tone.
Mascara is also an essential, great for those casual days too.
I recommend having a neutral eyeshadow palette as well as a bold one, just for whatever suits your mood or the occasion!
And lip stick, lip gloss, lip stains.. Just look around and see what you like
Thanks what BB cream should I get? My girl friends all wear foundations but they look so heavy

Lipstick seems fun thinking of orange or red!
Ellie96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks what BB cream should I get? My girl friends all wear foundations but they look so heavy

Lipstick seems fun thinking of orange or red!
I think the one I have is Rimmel and it's quite alright and it really doesn't look heavy! The shade might look a bit 'off' when you first put it on but let it dry and within a few minutes, you're done! Shop around for ones you may like though, shade wise and brand wise/price wise! Rimmel is pretty budget but if you want to spend more then Mac's bb cream is meant to be good

And as a lover of red lipstick, I say go for it and the orange! Try out new looks! Experiment. That's why make up is fun
CorbynsConcubine
Rep:
?
I think the one I have is Rimmel and it's quite alright and it really doesn't look heavy! The shade might look a bit 'off' when you first put it on but let it dry and within a few minutes, you're done! Shop around for ones you may like though, shade wise and brand wise/price wise! Rimmel is pretty budget but if you want to spend more then Mac's bb cream is meant to be good

And as a lover of red lipstick, I say go for it and the orange! Try out new looks! Experiment. That's why make up is fun
Do you have to get a BB cream in the exact shade or can you get one slightly off because it's quite light? I will look for that?

It seems fun yes been watching tutorials!
Ellie96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have to get a BB cream in the exact shade or can you get one slightly off because it's quite light? I will look for that?

It seems fun yes been watching tutorials!
I tend to find that finding a shade that matches the back of your hand is generally one to go for, just rub it in a bit to get a more accurate representation of what it would look like

Tutorials will become one of your best friends in terms of finding new looks, also following make up artists on instagram is good for ideas!
CorbynsConcubine
Rep:
?
I tend to find that finding a shade that matches the back of your hand is generally one to go for, just rub it in a bit to get a more accurate representation of what it would look like

Tutorials will become one of your best friends in terms of finding new looks, also following make up artists on instagram is good for ideas!
thanks

Any tutorials you would recommend? (or instagram artists)
Ellie96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thanks

Any tutorials you would recommend? (or instagram artists)
I like Michelle Phan's tutorials and KathleenLights and on instagram JohannaHerrstedt (more of a general blogger but she does a lot of beauty stuff) and Annakarinhell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.08%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
30%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed