The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

MA in Applied Linguistics and English Language

Hi everyone!!

Let me introduce myself briefly. I am Spanish and I am a graduate in English Studies. Apart from that, I did an Erasmus stay in England and I am currently studying a MA in Business English here in Spain. However, I would like to focus my career on English teaching, and that is the reason why I am considering the possibility of going back to England and course an MA in ELT or Applied Linguistics, and maybe after enrolling a PhD in something related to English for Specific Purposes. At the moment, I am considering three main options:

1) MA in ELT at Warwick University
2) MA in Applied Linguistics and English Language or MA in Applied Linguistics at Birmingham University
3) MA in Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching at Nottingham University

Because of that, I would really appreciate if you could give me advice and also discuss which one is better in terms of teaching quality and prestige. I know Warwick is one of the best universities in the UK, but I do not know if Birmingham or Nottingham could have better Applied Linguistics Departments... specially in the filed of ELT and Specific Purposes. For example, I know Birmingham is really prestigious thanks to the corpus they developed. But, I am open to other universities as well.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending