Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know this doesn't belong in this thread but otherwise no-one will look at it. I've got a job interview at 11.30 this morning and she's gonna ask me about current affairs? What should I say? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessb)
    I know this doesn't belong in this thread but otherwise no-one will look at it. I've got a job interview at 11.30 this morning and she's gonna ask me about current affairs? What should I say? Thank you!
    Whats the job that you're going for? And the organisation? It would be good to mention the current affairs that impact the organisation the most. Generally, I'd mention the Iraq situation, elections maybe and possibly a relatively high profile local news story that has impacted the local community. Stay neutral though!

ReputationRep:
    Read a paper on your way there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    Read a paper on your way there.
    Good idea, make sure it's a decent paper at that....The Times is my choice.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Good idea, make sure it's a decent paper at that....The Times is my choice.

G
    Any broadsheet will do.

Though the Times would be my choice as well.

ReputationRep:
    It's a travel agent. Its the first rung on my career ladder! I know what to say about tourism and stuff. Cool thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessb)
    It's a travel agent. Its the first rung on my career ladder! I know what to say about tourism and stuff. Cool thank you x
    GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    Hey Princessb, how did your interview go?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.