The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Me, I think (again). I feel like I'm stalking you're threads (commented on you Southampton one too)!!
Reply 2
Haha I've just commented on the Southampton thread :-p
Reply 3
I will.
Reply 4
Yeah thinking of applying. What did you guys get in your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by B1525
Yeah thinking of applying. What did you guys get in your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya, I'm applying too! I got 747.5 on mine, hope it's enough without a masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
Hiya, I'm applying too! I got 747.5 on mine, hope it's enough without a masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also an applicant! Standard Bachelor's Degree. 825 average but I'm torn between applying for the GEP or 5-year course.
Reply 7
Original post by ah639
I'm also an applicant! Standard Bachelor's Degree. 825 average but I'm torn between applying for the GEP or 5-year course.

I think you'd have a great shot at either!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you'd have a great shot at either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where else are you applying? I think I'll go for 2 GEP programmes and 2 Undergraduate ones - just want to maximise my chances!
Reply 9
Original post by ah639
Where else are you applying? I think I'll go for 2 GEP programmes and 2 Undergraduate ones - just want to maximise my chances!

Kings, Newcastle and Southampton :smile: haven't got the money for a 5 year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hey, I'm applying too :biggrin: Just wanted to show my face, I'm sure this thread will get busier soon
I'm applying here too, just wanted to pop in too. UCAS deadline is soon, I think it'll get busy in here soon :biggrin:
Hi guys, I have got 2200 in the four sectors in UKCAT with band 2 in SJ, any chance of getting admitted into medical school? btw I have a bachelor in pharmacy and doing master degree at the moment
Original post by Hayder_Salman
Hi guys, I have got 2200 in the four sectors in UKCAT with band 2 in SJ, any chance of getting admitted into medical school? btw I have a bachelor in pharmacy and doing master degree at the moment

A score of 2200 equates to an average of 550, which is too low for any GEM course. If 5 year courses are an option for you then you could look into them, but I don't know much about them. Alternatively, keep focusing on your masters and resit the UKCAT next year to apply for 2017 entry next UCAS cycle.
Really hoping my first class degree improves my chances of interview with a lower end ukcat! I know they said they were doing academics:ukcat 50:50 but does anyone know how they rank the academics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kirstiee.
Really hoping my first class degree improves my chances of interview with a lower end ukcat! I know they said they were doing academics:ukcat 50:50 but does anyone know how they rank the academics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've no idea! I just hope they accept predicted 1sts :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've no idea! I just hope they accept predicted 1sts :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know this doesn't sound great but if it's at all like Cambridge they said anyone with a predicted grade they assume them having a 2:i even if they're predicted a 1st. Anyway good luck, lets just hope for the best! Have you sent off your application now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this doesn't sound great but if it's at all like Cambridge they said anyone with a predicted grade they assume them having a 2:i even if they're predicted a 1st. Anyway good luck, lets just hope for the best! Have you sent off your application now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I sent it off on September 16th :tongue: good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did u do in ur uKCAT? I know they score applicants higher for Msc degrees or 1st class degrees.
Original post by sk88
how did u do in ur uKCAT? I know they score applicants higher for Msc degrees or 1st class degrees.

I only got 680 :/ I'm giving it a slim shot but not expecting anything! How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest