The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances for LSE Maths and Econ with AS FM?

(edited 7 years ago)
Serious advice - get off TSR and stop asking questions that nobody on here can answer about whether or not you will get into LSE, UCL or Oxford or any other Uni.

Get your head in your books and study, study study.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JamjamjamT
Serious advice - get off TSR and stop asking questions that nobody on here can answer about whether or not you will get into LSE, UCL or Oxford or any other Uni.

Get your head in your books and study, study study.

Terrible advice. It is good he asking so he doesn't possibly waste an application.
Original post by Don Joiner
As title says, no A2 Further Maths - would it be a wasted application for the Mathematics and Economics course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably. https://gyazo.com/acacad3b1c377083b8afc782e9aa3c41 You always stand a chance of course but for the course you are applying for you would want further maths a-level ideally. For straight Economics it may not be as big a problem.
An application is never 'wasted', but you would certainly benefit from doing at least AS FM. It is perfectly feasible to do the AS or the A level during Year 13.
Top unis require top work.
Good luck!
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Terrible advice. It is good he asking so he doesn't possibly waste an application.

He has asked the same question or a variant of it several times now.
He has asked the same question or a variant of it several times now.

Oh fair enough then. I apologise.
Oh fair enough then. I apologise.

No worries. I have already told him not to worry so much and not to panic. I didn't even join TSR until after I had sent off my UCAS application and even then I only joined to find out when offers where coming out. I have just started at LSE.
No worries. I have already told him not to worry so much and not to panic. I didn't even join TSR until after I had sent off my UCAS application and even then I only joined to find out when offers where coming out. I have just started at LSE.

Ah that's nice. What are you studying?
Ah that's nice. What are you studying?

Business Maths and Stats. You? Where?
Business Maths and Stats. You? Where?

Nice, hopefully you enjoy it :biggrin: As for me, I am not at uni yet but I am going to apply for Economics and Economic History, really hoping I get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending