AQA GCSE Biology ISA help urgently!!

Watch this thread
sxzie
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am doing my GCSE ISA exam now and i need to come up with a hypothesis and design an investigation to:
"Investigate the effect of a factor that my affect how quickly muscles become fatigued"

I don't exactly understand the question that they are asking, so could someone please explain and help me with coming up with a hypothesis?
username1567177
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sxzie)
I am doing my GCSE ISA exam now and i need to come up with a hypothesis and design an investigation to:
"Investigate the effect of a factor that my affect how quickly muscles become fatigued"

I don't exactly understand the question that they are asking, so could someone please explain and help me with coming up with a hypothesis?
this is so crappy but ask your teacher for your help, thats what they are there for and they are the best resources for ISA help
username2151383
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
The different factors could be the intensity or speed of the exercise - basically anything that will have an effect on how quickly you get tired
With speed as an example, the hypothesis would be something like "The quicker the speed of the exercise, the quicker muscles will fatigue" but with context to your investigation, like more reps per second or something

I've done this one already and got 42/50, which was two marks off an A*
ipilly
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by defenestrated)
The different factors could be the intensity or speed of the exercise - basically anything that will have an effect on how quickly you get tired
With speed as an example, the hypothesis would be something like "The quicker the speed of the exercise, the quicker muscles will fatigue" but with context to your investigation, like more reps per second or something

I've done this one already and got 42/50, which was two marks off an A*
Did you have a set method? Thanks.
username2151383
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ipilly)
Did you have a set method? Thanks.
We never actually did an experiment for this ISA, but the first section we designed our own experiment and the second section we were given a method
I think it might vary from school to school
xxxtentacion..
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sxzie)

I also have the biology ISA on fatigue and I'm also confused
Amoyavalentino
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing the same and I found it just as difficult ,however I visited www.gcsescincemethods.co.UK and it gave me a bold idea of we're to start
halimoabcd
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
i am currently doing this isa and i am struggling,could you please help
halimoabcd
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ipilly)
Did you have a set method? Th
anks.
i am currently doing this isa and i really need help could you send me any really good links,really useful because its due on tuesday and i am really stuck
qawsx
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Use the hypothesis, 'The higher the intensity of exercise, the quicker muscles become fatigued' or something along those lines.
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
use gcsesciencemethods for all of your ISAs lmao
annnoyumous
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
any advice on which i experiment should do? hand clenching (gcsesciencemethods) or lifting different amount of weight until muscles feel fatigued?
haseeb798
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Has anyone done an isa on homeostasis or will be doing it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads