The Student Room Group

Are these good subject choices?

Hi, I'm currently in my last year of year 11 and I want to study Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Maths at AS-Level. Are these good subjects to study at AS and what career can I get into (I'm currently looking at medicine). In most my subjects (GCSE) I'm predicted A or A* except for history. At A2 I will drop Maths or Economics. I most likely think I will drop Maths but I may change my mind :wink:

I know at A level people say Chemistry is a big jump but in school I find chemistry the easiest out of all the 3 sciences. I'm quite interested in doing economics in A level, is it really hard?

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
no, they're disgusting
Reply 2
Original post by frostyy
no, they're disgusting

:/
I wouldn't know much, but it looks like a great mix to me.

Good luck.
High school lies, they also told me that there is a big jump from GCSE to AS chemistry but there isn't. The first chemistry modules is piss easy. Since you want to do medicine I'll let you off with doing biology. Maybe swap out economics for further maths
Reply 5
Original post by Lucasium
High school lies, they also told me that there is a big jump from GCSE to AS chemistry but there isn't. The first chemistry modules is piss easy. Since you want to do medicine I'll let you off with doing biology. Maybe swap out economics for further maths

I'm more interested in doing economics though because I also want to start my own business
Reply 6
Original post by Lucasium

I am more interested in Economics and don't really want to do maths but if I have to take 4 subjects then I will take maths (probably statistics module NOT MECHANICS!!!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending