Rach_Nicholle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I moved into halls today and while it has been a good day and I've met a lot of people, it has got to the point where I cannot sleep at all. I have been awake all night so far, changing between tossing and turning, trying to get to sleep, crying and googling the possibilities of moving back home and commuting. Home is only about an hour away on a bus so the possibility is there. But I have not even been here a day yet and I don't know whether to give it more time (which I know I probably should) or avoid all this stress and just decide to go home this weekend and commute from the first week of actual classes. I haven't slept at all tonight (which is nothing like me at all) and for some reason I cannot stop crying every half hour or so. What should I do?
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Give it a good month or so. Then you'll know for absolutely sure.
MagicJigsaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're likely just homesick. Just give it some time
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rach_Nicholle)
I moved into halls today and while it has been a good day and I've met a lot of people, it has got to the point where I cannot sleep at all. I have been awake all night so far, changing between tossing and turning, trying to get to sleep, crying and googling the possibilities of moving back home and commuting. Home is only about an hour away on a bus so the possibility is there. But I have not even been here a day yet and I don't know whether to give it more time (which I know I probably should) or avoid all this stress and just decide to go home this weekend and commute from the first week of actual classes. I haven't slept at all tonight (which is nothing like me at all) and for some reason I cannot stop crying every half hour or so. What should I do?
it sounds a bit like homesickness manifesting in your crying and insomnia the crying should pass in a few days give your parents a call just for a chat that should help. I went home most weekends so you could do that if you want your that distance away where commuting is a dumb idea you'd be losing at least 6 hours week maybe even more but spending weekends at home is very doable.

it's dating living out for the first time no doubtI would go to the doctors the first thing with your insomnia if it persists for more than a couple of days he may prescribe something or he may suggest something one gut I herd of hadn't slept for the first 4 weeks he was there the doctor told him to party to the point of exhaustion then one of the days and this is what i herd he got back to his room at like 4 in the afternoon took off a sock and woke up at 6am the next morning feeling totally refreshed on the floor with on sock on and one sock off so it should pass eventually I hope I helped and good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads