The Student Room Group

Help with history as essay?

Hi guys I'm doing history and my topic for the essay we have to write is the Weimar Republic the question is :
What was more significant in the Weimar republics difficulties in the early 1920s? Political extremism or the treaty of Versailles ? Any help please
Original post by xenya
Hi guys I'm doing history and my topic for the essay we have to write is the Weimar Republic the question is :
What was more significant in the Weimar republics difficulties in the early 1920s? Political extremism or the treaty of Versailles ? Any help please

My immediate reaction to that question would be to challenge it, and ask whether the either/or distinction is valid. You could ask whether political extremism was, in part, a result of the treaty of Versailles.

That said, the last time I did anything post-1900 was in about 2009 so you might well conclude that the two parts of the question are in fact distinct.
Reply 2
Original post by Veni Vidi Fugi
My immediate reaction to that question would be to challenge it, and ask whether the either/or distinction is valid. You could ask whether political extremism was, in part, a result of the treaty of Versailles.

That said, the last time I did anything post-1900 was in about 2009 so you might well conclude that the two parts of the question are in fact distinct.

oh ok thanks haha no we are meant to say the dont have a corellation so I can not connect the two but thank you
Original post by xenya
oh ok thanks haha no we are meant to say the dont have a corellation so I can not connect the two but thank you

which is, of course, an absurd suggestion; there's no way that Versailles didn't inform German political extremism in one way or another, but I suppose you'd better toe the line. I'd always recommend rebellion, though- the historical profession is built on patricide :P
Henry the eighth
Reply 5
Original post by 
Henry the eighth

very useful..
Original post by xenya
very useful..

Well not to brag but i am amazing at history, this is what all my knowledge and no doubt you will get full marks now.
Just please mention my name when you thank people for your nobel prize in history.
I could easily get a nobel prize but because not only am i amazingly knowledgable and humble, i am also very generous so i am allowing you to claim it.
You are welcome.

That is the approach I would have taken, including at degree level.
Original post by SarahPereira
If you need any help concerning editing or writing your essay try pro-papers.com service. I currently used it and I have to admit they did a great job! At first I was not sure whether to use such a web-site, but then I got my paper, and I wasn't disappointed! It happens very rearly Good luck with your essay!

Spam - reported.
Original post by ageshallnot
That is the approach I would have taken, including at degree level.

Yup, I've had it beaten into me for three years such that I can no longer resist the opportunity to refuse to play the game :P
Yup, I've had it beaten into me for three years such that I can no longer resist the opportunity to refuse to play the game :P

If there is even the slightest opportunity, attack the question and especially any assumptions within it.
The problems faced by the Weimar Republic contrary to popular beliefs the Versailles Treaty wasn’t the only problem, and definitely not the main problem, either. Although it can perhaps be said that it escalated the problem they originally faced, the Weimar Republic and Germany as a country was made a scape goat out of as they only joined the war as an ally to another country and they took on the full blame, without even being considered as they were never invited to the negotiations. It's possible to say that without the Treaty the Weimar Republic might have been successful in the early 1920s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending