Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can get WJEC exam papers for A2 English Lit?.. and if anyone has a copy could you please e-mail it to me.. or send me the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! You're the first person i've seen on here ever doing wjec!!

I've got a couple of past papers (maybe 3 or 4) so if you tell me what play/poetry you're doing I'll type up the qs from that

ReputationRep:
    yay! thankyou so much!!!!

I know not that many people do it for some reason.. probably cos half the instructions on the exam paper is in Welsh, puts schools off I guess.

I'm doing the Duchess of Malfi by Webster and The Miller's Tale and Prologue by Chaucer.

ReputationRep:
    Specimen Assessment materials (I don't know if this means past paper or no, but my sheet doesnt have a date on it...)

Either:
    a) What do you feel that Webster has gained by setting this play in Italy? Include in your answer some consideration of views of Italy current at that time.
    Or,
    b) Beginning with a consideration of the role of the Cardinal, assess the importance of an awareness of religion in the Jacobean period to a full understanding of the play. You may wish to focus initially on the significance of the position of the Catholic church in this period.

June 2002:

Either:
    a) Starting with an analysis of the relationships between Bosola, Ferdinand and the Cardinal, discuss the importance of a knowledge of the social and political climate of the Jacobean period to a full appreciations of the play
    Or,
    b) How far do you agree with the opinion that Webster has offered his audience more than a conventional revenge tragedy? While detailed discussion of other plays is not essential, you should give some careful consideration to the tradition in which Webster wrote.

June 2003:

Either:
    a) Webster had been praised for "bringing the tragic and the satiric into close relation." Examine the elements of tragedy and satire in The Duchess of Malfi against a backdrop of the issues and conventions of Webster's age.

b) Try to account for the popularity of The Duchess of Malfi by exploring the impact the play might have had upon the audience of its day.

Now I shall just dig out the poetry

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! This is a huge help I've been looking for these on the net for ages..

have you already done the exam or will you be doing it this month?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I meant to say, for the drama part c has extracts and then "analyse the extract closely, in the course of your writing, compare presentation of x with duchess of malfi."

I've only got one past paper for poetry (well, I have more keats questions but I doubt they will be much help!) and that's june 2003

Either:
    1. Nicholas has been described as a "hero of sorts". Discuss what you understand by the phrase, and make clear how far you agree with the comment. Support your argument with close reference to The Millers Tale.

Or,
    2. "Chaucer is at his comic best in the use of characterisation"
    "The great strength of Chaucer's comic method lies in its variety"
    Which of these two views of Chaucer's The Miller's Prologue & Tale do you favour and why?

Hope that helped! Good luck with your exams, I've come over terrified all of a sudden! I wasn't worried about english at all yesterday and then I had a spinny dream that I was looking through the exam paper and I couldn't find the bit I had to do?! If that happens I'm screwed!"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Thanks! This is a huge help I've been looking for these on the net for ages..

have you already done the exam or will you be doing it this month?
    Haven't done it already, doing it on the 28th *and poetry on TUESDAY! Argh!* My last exam before that is on the 24th so I'm kind of putting off my revision for drama as I know I'll have four empty days to cram in

Well I'd best be off to revise now. Joy. Here's hoping for nice & easy duchess questions for both of us!!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou once again.. Good luck for tuesday!!

ReputationRep:
    Eternal sunshine (or anyone else who knows!) how long can we spend on each question???

Argghh! the exam is tomorow!!!

:cool: ?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.