daniellelwalkerx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to be a Primary School Teacher and i have considered applying directly to a Primary Education Degree but it is really competitive so I have thought about applying to Primary Education and Childhood Studies at the same university is this a wise decision?
moose12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Childhood studies is okay but really will not give you what you want, unless you want to start all over again. Do they do a bachelor of education at your uni ? This gives you an option if you change your mind and other routes to employment and pgse. There are a glut of primary school teachers graduating at moment, as teachers do not want to do middle or secondary.
Any course that has qts on it will require you to do the multiskills test for literacy and numeracy. Good luck.
EmEmTheFairy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by daniellelwalkerx)
I want to be a Primary School Teacher and i have considered applying directly to a Primary Education Degree but it is really competitive so I have thought about applying to Primary Education and Childhood Studies at the same university is this a wise decision?
You can do Childhood Studies and then complete a PGCE after so you can teach. If you're applying for two courses, be careful wording this in your application and your personal statement. Since your overall aim though is to be a teacher, this shouldn't be too difficult and you wont need to differentiate between the two courses when explaining your interest in the course and why you want to do them.

I have two friends doing Childhood Studies degrees; one wants to do an MA in Social Work after, and the other wants to be a teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
moose12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by daniellelwalkerx)
THERE are many places for this degree, no biggie. If you want to teach do a batchelor of education[hons] or primary degree[ with qts] you still have to do a qualifying year in mainstream with this degree by the way!.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (352)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (278)
44.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise