Dementia Crisis Watch

Mr JB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Are the people who govern our country really this stupid? They have just said that the incidence rate of dementia is stagnating which proves that dementia isn't just tied to old age. I think its pretty obvious what the biggest risk factor is when it comes to dementia, its stress. You don't have to be a genius to work that out.

The dementia rate in the developed world is far higher than in the undeveloped world and its all to do with the stresses of modern life. People are being driven to dementia, heart attacks and strokes by the way life now is whereby they are stressed out through working long hours and not enough family or leisure time, just to put a roof over their heads. All of this pressure is going to be taking a toll on people both mentally and physically and the government love it because it means people die younger and they have to pay less out in pensions. They want people to slave away for years and years paying tax and then when it comes time for payback in the form of pensions they don't want people to reap those benefits.
LouOla
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I absolutely agree- awful that it is becoming such a prevelant issue for today- and it is certainly down to stress.

I'm about to go to Durham university to study psychology. I hopefully want to then go into Clinical psychology and begin a career which not only researches into the causes of dementia to prevent it in the future, but works with the elderly with therapies to improve the lives of those who have it.

Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i best take it easy!
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well that was depressing...

Today Ive been thinking about how I dont really want to live in this world anymore and now you hit me with this.
jammy4041
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In fairness, dementia incidents are higher in the western world because people live longer and diagnosis is better in the western world.
Swindle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
People in England, particularly London don't care about what they sacrifice, be it health, time or relationships because they believe struggling in such a way is honourable.
The government win in the end - even if you manage to scrap together enough cash to buy a house, they'll cash it in when you're on your last legs to pay for someone to wipe your bottom.
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Swindle)
People in England, particularly London don't care about what they sacrifice, be it health, time or relationships because they believe struggling in such a way is honourable.
The government win in the end - even if you manage to scrap together enough cash to buy a house, they'll cash it in when you're on your last legs to pay for someone to wipe your bottom.
I'm topping myself before that happens. I'd sooner save my own dignity, and the dignity of someone else, by choosing an early exit instead of subjecting both myself and someone else to that fate.
jprooz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are many aspects which are linked to dementia, having a poor lifestyle is one of them. Improving health can decrease the likelihood of getting many diseases in later life. This is something to take into consideration. Dementia has been linked to many illness such as cardiovascular and cancer. But this does not mean that it is certain or that one proves/causes the other much research is still needed to find links for the causes of dementia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (39)
9.7%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (76)
18.91%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.68%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.95%
How can I be the best version of myself? (123)
30.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise