Unis and AS Grades Watch

This discussion is closed.
PrincessParadox
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Can someone explain how it works... I mean say the Ucas site says the grade requirement for course is AAA...
Would a candidate with AABB at AS level still be considered as they could be capable of achieving the AAA at A2?
How much do the AS's matter? Or is it more to do with predicted grades?
Also if someone was to do a January retake would that have no effect on a University's decision because applications go through before this?
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Look for the million and one other threads on this.
mg84
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PrincessParadox)
Can someone explain how it works... I mean say the Ucas site says the grade requirement for course is AAA...
Would a candidate with AABB at AS level still be considered as they could be capable of achieving the AAA at A2?
How much do the AS's matter? Or is it more to do with predicted grades?
Also if someone was to do a January retake would that have no effect on a University's decision because applications go through before this?
A candidate with AABB at AS Level would definitely still be considered for a course with AAA requirements. There is no requirement to even give your AS grades on the UCAS form unless you are dropping the subject though. Predicted grades are considerably more important, but these may be based on your AS Levels. I'm not sure whether informing univerisities of retake results will affect their decision or not. Many applications will have already been considered by this stage, but contacting the admissions office might be a good idea if you haven't had a response previously.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads