The Student Room Group

Hair falling out

Lately my more of my hair has been falling out and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is going through it at the moment all of a sudden?

I've been to the doctor and he said I need to use Vosene but I can't see a difference! I try not to have my hair in a bobble when I can, I've been using the same products including Coconut and Grape seed oil for over 2 years and my diet hasn't changed but when I run my hand through I get massive clumps coming out and I'm starting to find bald patches in the back.

Any advice would be great!
Hi you loose around 100 hairs a day naturally but stress can cause more than normal loss. It should grow back though. I would take some sea kelp capsules for 3 months they will encourage your hair to grow. If you get smooth bauld patches then go see your doctor. Hope this helps
Original post by Garner012
Lately my more of my hair has been falling out and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is going through it at the moment all of a sudden?

I've been to the doctor and he said I need to use Vosene but I can't see a difference! I try not to have my hair in a bobble when I can, I've been using the same products including Coconut and Grape seed oil for over 2 years and my diet hasn't changed but when I run my hand through I get massive clumps coming out and I'm starting to find bald patches in the back.

Any advice would be great!

I used a duo kit to thicken my hair (my hair's really long but THIN). It's a months supply for 2 capsules a day and a lotion to use. Some people have used only one or the other and still seen a massive difference but it's cheaper to get both together lol so it's what I done
Buy biotin pills- the strongest ones
At the same time take vitamins for hair skin + nails
Massage your scalp before bed
Braid your head before bed
Do not shampoo it more that twice a week
Drink water- so cliche but im serious
Apply castor oil twice a week to your scalp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Try biotin (vit B7) and MSM supplements to counteract hair loss. My hair was falling out due to anorexia a few years ago and these saved my life I still have long thick hair today.
Reply 5
My hair started falling out from chemical lightening. Although it can be from infection or iron deficiency. Try not to use hair dryer n let it dry on its own

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jenniejenm267
I used a duo kit to thicken my hair (my hair's really long but THIN). It's a months supply for 2 capsules a day and a lotion to use. Some people have used only one or the other and still seen a massive difference but it's cheaper to get both together lol so it's what I done

Original post by jazjaz
Try biotin (vit B7) and MSM supplements to counteract hair loss. My hair was falling out due to anorexia a few years ago and these saved my life I still have long thick hair today.

I do have quite thick hair but the problem is with the bald patches because they are so noticeable! I'll have a look into the supplements and see if that will help. Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by sabrinaa1234
Buy biotin pills- the strongest ones
At the same time take vitamins for hair skin + nails
Massage your scalp before bed
Braid your head before bed
Do not shampoo it more that twice a week
Drink water- so cliche but im serious
Apply castor oil twice a week to your scalp

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do all of them apart from the vitimans and the castor oil is coconut. My hairdresser told me to do the rest and she's as confused as me about my hair. She's changed my products as well to non peroxide and without henna in to see if that helps
Reply 8
Original post by Garner012
I do have quite thick hair but the problem is with the bald patches because they are so noticeable! I'll have a look into the supplements and see if that will help. Thanks :smile:

Yeah definitely give it a go. I believe it promotes thickness by stopping the rate of shedding anyway, as well as strengthening the hair to make the strands thicker. I have less shedding now than before I got ill thanks to MSM and biotin.
My hair did this about 4 months after I had a bad illness. It was really distressing cos I literally thought I'd end up bald! It stopped after a few weeks and it's fine now. Just make sure your diet is healthy and take a multivitamin. Try not to use heat or wash your hair too much. I wouldn't have thought coconut oil would make a great deal of difference as it doesn't sound like the issue is due to damage - more the hair falling out at the root rather than breaking halfway down. Hopefully it'll settle down soon, it's more than likely just your hairs natural cycle (bit like how cats moult in summer haha).
Onion Juice
Onion juice helps treat hair loss due to its high sulfur content, which helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles, regenerate hair follicles and reduce inflammation.

Extract the juice of one onion by grating it and then strain it. Apply the juice directly onto the scalp. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off. Finally, shampoo your hair.Mix together three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. You can also add one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture onto your scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.

Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains enzymes that directly promote healthy hair growth. Also, its alkalizing properties can help bring the scalp and hair’s pH to a more desirable level, which can greatly promote hair growth.

Apply aloe vera gel or juice onto the scalp.Leave it on for a few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water.Repeat the process three to four times a week.

Licorice Root
Licorice root is another herb that prevents hair loss and further damage to the hair. The mollifying properties of licorice roots open the pores, soothe the scalp and help get rid of irritations like dry flakes. This remedy is good for dandruff, hair loss and baldness.

Add one tablespoon of ground licorice root to one cup milk with a quarter teaspoon saffron. Mix it thoroughly.Apply the paste on bald patches at bedtime and leave it on overnight.In the morning, wash your hair.Follow this remedy once or twice a week.

Beetroot
Include fresh beetroot juice in your diet. In addition to that, spinach juice, alfalfa juice, lettuce juice, or carrot juice will help keep your hair healthy.Alternatively, grind a few beetroot leaves (boiled in water) along with henna and apply the paste on your scalp. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it out. Repeat several times a week.

Flaxseeds
Flaxseeds are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that can prevent further hair loss and encourage hair growth.To manage hair loss, consume one tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseeds with a glass of water daily in the morning. You can also add flaxseeds to your salads, soups, smoothies, and other dishes.You can also simply take flaxseed oil, or apply it onto your hair. When used as hair oil, flaxseed oil can help prevent hair loss as well as strengthen your hair.
Reply 11
I'd also recommend Argan oil for hair loss. It is very rich in vitamin E and antioxidants and I've found it really does strengthen the roots of the hair, keeping them firm.

Unfortunately a lot of Argan oil sellers tend to dilute the oil with other ingredients and getting pure organic Argan oil is hard. But there is one brand I use called Maison D'Argan, which is 100% pure and sourced directly from Morocco. You can purchase their oil online for about £15 at maisondargan.com

Really has helped me with my thin and dry hair.
let me be direct

taurine
lysine
vitamin b6
biotin
magnesium glycinate

will stop shedding

Quick Reply

Latest