2nd year transfer to an alternative university? Please help!! Watch

ExplicitAI
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I got rejected from both my firm (Queen Mary) and Insurance (Hertfordshire) to study a Maths degree, I got CDD ( D grade in Maths) and I managed to get a place at Middlesex university through clearing. My question is that is it possible to transfer to a different university for the 2nd year? If I retake my A2 exams whilst trying to get a brilliant grade at my 1st year at Middlesex university, is it possible to transfer? Please help me because I'm really depressed about this. Thank you.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ExplicitAI)
Hello,

I got rejected from both my firm (Queen Mary) and Insurance (Hertfordshire) to study a Maths degree, I got CDD ( D grade in Maths) and I managed to get a place at Middlesex university through clearing. My question is that is it possible to transfer to a different university for the 2nd year? If I retake my A2 exams whilst trying to get a brilliant grade at my 1st year at Middlesex university, is it possible to transfer? Please help me because I'm really depressed about this. Thank you.
If you know you want to transfer before you start, you are much better off taking a gap year and focusing on your A-Level retakes, it will be much harder alongside the first year of a degree. In answer to your question though, whether you can transfer to second year depends on the compatibility of modules, no-one on here can tell you.
ExplicitAI
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
If you know you want to transfer before you start, you are much better off taking a gap year and focusing on your A-Level retakes, it will be much harder alongside the first year of a degree. In answer to your question though, whether you can transfer to second year depends on the compatibility of modules, no-one on here can tell you.
If I do a gap year then it will be my 4th year doing A levels and I don't want to do that. I realised why I didn't get good grades and I don't want to waste this year. My long term goal is to get a Masters so doing A levels alongside 1st year should be a learning process for me in terms of time management. If I have the option to transfer then I'll be very happy. But even with bad grades such as CDD, would I be able to get at least a conditional offer from other Universities even if the modules are compatible? I heard people say that people in my situation needed to boost their A level grades, get at least a 1st or 2:1 in 1st year and go through UCAS to transfer.
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I do a gap year then it will be my 4th year doing A levels and I don't want to do that. I realised why I didn't get good grades and I don't want to waste this year. My long term goal is to get a Masters so doing A levels alongside 1st year should be a learning process for me in terms of time management. If I have the option to transfer then I'll be very happy. But even with bad grades such as CDD, would I be able to get at least a conditional offer from other Universities even if the modules are compatible? I heard people say that people in my situation needed to boost their A level grades, get at least a 1st or 2:1 in 1st year and go through UCAS to transfer.
only the university can tell you if they would accept you
ExplicitAI
Rep:
?
only the university can tell you if they would accept you
I've wrote an email to the admissions for Queen Mary, Brunel, City University and Hertfordshire regarding about a 2nd year transfer. My tutor at my college said it's possible since UCAS has an option for a "2nd year point of entry" and that A2 should be easy for me this time around since I'm at University. Just asking but have you heard of anyone who had a similar situation as me or anyone that had a successful transfer?
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've wrote an email to the admissions for Queen Mary, Brunel, City University and Hertfordshire regarding about a 2nd year transfer. My tutor at my college said it's possible since UCAS has an option for a "2nd year point of entry" and that A2 should be easy for me this time around since I'm at University. Just asking but have you heard of anyone who had a similar situation as me or anyone that had a successful transfer?
I've seen people on here transfer to other unis for their 2nd year, equally I've seen some be told sorry your first year doesn't match our first year closely enough therefore you can't enter into 2nd year, you'd have to redo 1st year.
ExplicitAI
Rep:
?
I've seen people on here transfer to other unis for their 2nd year, equally I've seen some be told sorry your first year doesn't match our first year closely enough therefore you can't enter into 2nd year, you'd have to redo 1st year.
I gave this a thought and if I do 1st year at Middlesex and have to do 1st year again at another uni like QM then I'll accept it. Others have done four years anyway. So from what you're telling me, the compatibility of modules are the most important thing, I've been told the same thing by one of the admissions tutors at Hertfordshire, he said a transfer is possible given I do what I have to do (excellent grades as well as A2 retakes) but the coping with new modules might be an issue. He said that he'd give me the what's covered at Hertfordshire. But yeah, I'll vow to never be an irresponsible and one-dimensional slob ever again and that I'll balance my life a whole lot better like everyone else(e.g. education, girlfriend, part time job, social life etc).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads