Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hay people,

Say if you don't get the grades for uni, and reapply to the same uni in 2005. Is there less of a chance of getting an offer, this time round? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    when i didnt get the grades for durham they told me that if i re-sat year 13 and reapplied they'd give me my same offer again.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gunner123)
    Hay people,

Say if you don't get the grades for uni, and reapply to the same uni in 2005. Is there less of a chance of getting an offer, this time round? Thanks
    I wouldn't have thought so- if you retake your exams it shows that you really want to go to that university and they would probably respect you for having the guts to retake year 13....
    If you are really worried, then speak to the admissions tutor

ReputationRep:
    I was given an AAB instead of an ABB offer for dentistry from my first acceptance last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    I wouldn't have thought so- if you retake your exams it shows that you really want to go to that university and they would probably respect you for having the guts to retake year 13....
    If you are really worried, then speak to the admissions tutor

but it also shows that your not such a safe bet...and that because of the way a- levels are now you could just resit some modules and keep others. so its easier to get better grades - so they are quite likely to raise the requirements.

love Katy ***

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.