The Student Room Group

Reflecting on A2 resit in personal statement (medicine)

I'm currently on a gap year reapplying for medicine after receiving no offers last year, except I got AAB for my A2 exam results. I've already pinned down the universities (that'll take me with a resit) that I want to apply to, but Liverpool has specifically said to acknowledge and reflect on my need to resit in my personal statement. I don't have any extentuating circumstances as such, and was wondering if anyone had tips on how to do this - for example how much of the PS to dedicate to it, any general tips on how to sell myself despite it etc.
Original post by lightwoXd
I'm currently on a gap year reapplying for medicine after receiving no offers last year, except I got AAB for my A2 exam results. I've already pinned down the universities (that'll take me with a resit) that I want to apply to, but Liverpool has specifically said to acknowledge and reflect on my need to resit in my personal statement. I don't have any extentuating circumstances as such, and was wondering if anyone had tips on how to do this - for example how much of the PS to dedicate to it, any general tips on how to sell myself despite it etc.

I wouldn't spend more than a sentence or two on it- Liverpool are the only uni asking for this, and the others probably won't expect to see this in your PS. Your main focus should be on your work experience and why you want to study medicine.

I would suggest having a paragraph before mentioning any unrelated ECs (or before your conclusion if you don't have space for this) discussing your resit and your plans for your gap year.

Don't make excuses if you don't have any. Something like "Unfortunately, X subject did not go to plan in year 13, so I am resitting the subject this year. I think I will improve my grade this year because..."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending