The Student Room Group

A little late to the party

Hey, so a little background about me! I am 20 years old, after I left school I went to college and did a BTEC in 3D art and design, I got a MPP which I wasn't happy with but I lost interest in the subject, I then went on to do an animal management course, I got half way through and left because again, I lost interest, I just realised that I didn't have a passion for the two subjects any more.

Fast forward a few months and now I'm worried, I've always wanted to go to University but was never sure to do what, when I was younger I always wanted to be a primary school teacher, I never thought much about it until recently it popped back into my head and I started thinking about possibly doing it for a career, I did average on my GCSE's and like I said got MPP in a BTEC and most websites online say that you need a-levels to go to university to be a teacher but obviously I haven't got any, just under 2 years ago I tried to apply to do a-levels but was turned away as they told me they only accepted people aged 16-18 and I was 19 at the time.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me, is there a way to perhaps become a teacher without needing a-levels.

Thanks so much in advance.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I got a bit confused finding the right one!)
Reply 1
The government's Get Into Teaching website should tell you what you need to know:

https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/explore-my-options?emooption=1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending