The Student Room Group
I can't see shearer leaving newcastle for anyone, to be honest.
Reply 2
I can't see him leaving newcastle but then again, he is 34 and this is a 3 year deal, he might need to think about his own future.
6 String
I can't see him leaving newcastle but then again, he is 34 and this is a 3 year deal, he might need to think about his own future.

Do you think he'll really want to play for three more seasons?
I think that the new season this year may be his last to be honest.
He's still surprisingly good for an older player, but i can't see him as the sort to keep playing as he starts to deteriorate as a player.
6 String
i've no idea, but some of the players in the prmiership are like 37 or 38...and i think hes been one of the best forwards this season - but i dunno, i rather he not go. (if its true)

Only a couple of players are above 34/35, and they are mostly goalies i think.
But i think that shearer cares alot about how well he's playing, and will decide not to play if he thinks he isn't playing as well as he should be.
He still performs on the pitch, but i don't think for too much longer really.
And i hope he has the dignity to retire instead of, like seaman, playing out his last games by performing awfully.
serious narb
yeah, i think Shearer loves the club too much

that really means that if the rumours are true, there must be something going on at Newcastle

That he undoubtably does.
He even gave up his england career for them, to ensure he played well.

I doubt they are anything more than genoa wants him, but has no chance of getting him.

Latest