Peter-k
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi people, i'm starting a foundation course at uni that lasts a year but i feel like i potentially wont enjoy the career path it leads to, it's for engineering and applied science. Once i complete the foundation year is it possible to apply to a completely different course at the same uni and how will it affect my student finance seen as its a foundation course im doing this year and not an actual degree.

Initially i applied for pharmacy but didnt achieve the grades, i then applied through clearing to this foundation course for engineering and applied science (my dads career) because i had a strong knowledge of the work within but i feel like despite this im still a science based person. It turned out that once i got accepted on my foundation year course, pharmacy reduced their grade requirements of which i would have gotten into the course with

Would it still be possible to complete the foundation year of engineering and applied sciences but then apply for pharmacy once this year is up. Theoretically speaking foundation isn't an actual degree, it just brings you up to scratch to do the degree. If i was to complete the foundation and then apply for pharmacy will i be considered by admissions still, my a level results wouldnt have disappeared anywhere so i could still be eligible if the pharmacy course goes to clearing again.

Also if this is possible how drastically will it affect my student finance if at all ?

I need to know asap so i can plan ahead thankyou 😁
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Peter-k)
Hi people, i'm starting a foundation course at uni that lasts a year but i feel like i potentially wont enjoy the career path it leads to, it's for engineering and applied science. Once i complete the foundation year is it possible to apply to a completely different course at the same uni and how will it affect my student finance seen as its a foundation course im doing this year and not an actual degree.

Initially i applied for pharmacy but didnt achieve the grades, i then applied through clearing to this foundation course for engineering and applied science (my dads career) because i had a strong knowledge of the work within but i feel like despite this im still a science based person. It turned out that once i got accepted on my foundation year course, pharmacy reduced their grade requirements of which i would have gotten into the course with

Would it still be possible to complete the foundation year of engineering and applied sciences but then apply for pharmacy once this year is up. Theoretically speaking foundation isn't an actual degree, it just brings you up to scratch to do the degree. If i was to complete the foundation and then apply for pharmacy will i be considered by admissions still, my a level results wouldnt have disappeared anywhere so i could still be eligible if the pharmacy course goes to clearing again.

Also if this is possible how drastically will it affect my student finance if at all ?

I need to know asap so i can plan ahead thankyou 😁
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1781424
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (357)
56.13%
I don't have everything I need (279)
43.87%

Watched Threads