I don't understand the western culture of alcohol drinking..

Watch this thread
Souljer
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Tell me why 95% of the west can only party and have a laugh if theres alcohol to drink? It's crazy and mind blowing hearing people speak of getting totally "****faced" saying they can't remember a thing but still saying it was a good night. I think if you drink to get to the point you cant stand you must be a moron. When I hear people talking about how they cant wait to go out and drink etc I automatically think their lives must be terrible if they live for the weekend just so they can drink and feel a high/buzz.. people of the west are similar to a crackhead in many ways.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr JB
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I'm foking pizsed an i dnt undastand ur post m8 u wan sum?
DTSS
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hahahahahaha

Funny cause it's kinda true.
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Souljer)
Tell me why 95% of the west can only party and have a laugh if theres alcohol to drink? It's crazy and mind blowing hearing people speak of getting totally "****faced" saying they can't remember a thing but still saying it was a good night. I think if you drink to get to the point you cant stand you must be a moron. When I hear people talking about how they cant wait to go out and drink etc I automatically think their lives must be terrible if they live for the weekend just so they can drink and feel a high/buzz.. people of the west are similar to a crackhead in many ways.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Well yes. Their lives are terrible, they live their shabby little 9-5 slavery lives from Monday to Friday so they have to get out of their minds on the weekend just to forget how miserable their lives are.
Mary562
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
And what? You can't change it.

You'd say the same for collectivist cultures ... Why are 95% of them getting arranged marriage?
Mr JB
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
Well yes. Their lives are terrible, they live their shabby little 9-5 slavery lives from Monday to Friday so they have to get out of their minds on the weekend just to forget how miserable their lives are.
Your life will be the same or have you conjured up some magical job whereby this isn't the case? :rofl:

Work and life sucks and thats just the truth of it.
Mr JB
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Chief Wiggum
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Oh no, people want to enjoy themselves, how terrible...
username927016
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I don't either (although I do come from a very anti-alcohol family), however it doesn't stop me mixing at social gatherings with them. There's more to having fun than alcohol imo, but at the same time you could say the same sort of thing about other cultures, "I don't know why such & such culture does such & such"...
Souljer
Rep:
(Original post by Chief Wiggum)
Oh no, people want to enjoy themselves, how terrible...
It's the method of reaching enjoyment is what I'm questioning. It's a cultral thing to consume large amounts of alcohol (alcohol abuse) in order to have a good time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Souljer
Rep:
(Original post by Multitalented me)
"I don't know why such & such culture does such & such"...
Give an example

Posted from TSR Mobile
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
We live in a culture driven by competition it's made everyone judgemental and anxious around each other - alcohol enhances the social experience by stripping some of that away.
donutellme
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I agree. ****ing stupid
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Tell me why 95% of the west can only party
Saint-Saens
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Give an example

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find religion disturbing. I don't know why people aren't able to enjoy or appreciate life without inventing a fictional deity. Their lives must be terrible, if they can only keep going with the promise of a ridiculous afterlife.
karl pilkington
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I kind of get where you are coming from but alcohol helps relax you it doesn't mean you need it to have a good time but it helps everyone loosen up.
Gears265
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I don't drink anymore for certain reasons but when I have to or back when I did a lot, I won't lie, it was always great and felt good. You stop giving a **** about everything else.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
west does not have any culture hence the need for alcohol.
Swindle
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Britain's binge drinking culture is one of the main reasons why so many people in this country look a fxxking mess. It's shameful.
Saint-Saens
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
west does not have any culture hence the need for alcohol.
troll/10
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (23)
71.88%
No (7)
21.88%
I didn't use it to prepare (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads