The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
imasillynarb
Again, pretty easy I though, only thing Ive got wrong I *think* was drawing pent-1-ene for a structure of C6H12, which is clearly wrong. What a bloody schoolboy error.

I thought they asked for 2 ALKANES including C6H12...which would be cyclohexane?
Reply 41
jacie
I thought they asked for 2 ALKANES including C6H12...which would be cyclohexane?

C6H12 had to be cyclohexane, do any other alkanes not follow the CnH2n+2 formula?
Reply 42
well thats what i thought but i thought i saw some people saying they put something else
Reply 43
So the main impurity of Iron was definitely carbon??

I almost put sulphur.
Reply 44
kingpong
I was actually a little pissed at how easy the paper was. I'd worked my balls off for it so I was at least hoping for a semi-hard paper that would at least knock the grade boundaries down a bit. Anyways, you win some you lose some.

Exactly! Its bloody annoying revising loads for an exam to find it too easy, cuz then all the retards/people who havent revised will also do well. Which is gay.
Reply 45
Yeah but they actually allow a lot of other crazy catalysts... Pt/Sn/etc according to the mark scheme
Reply 46
imasillynarb
Exactly! Its bloody annoying revising loads for an exam to find it too easy, cuz then all the retards/people who havent revised will also do well. Which is gay.

Indeed.

Meh.
oh no the main impurity is carbon? shit! i put sulphur,m i was like well it cud be either, but sulphurs removed in a different way so i guessed that. i hate questions which arnt specific, like i mean we no wat the impuriuties are, but nowhere have i clearly been told the MAIN impurity is carbon. oh monkeys. I putt he intermediate for catalytic cracking as Zeolite catalyst? cus it is an intermediate, but as for thermal, wat the hell! i thought paper 3 was quite fair, but thought paper 1s last moles question was worse than it could have been, and paper 23s berillium chloride question was hard. Aint done as well as i cud have :frown:
Reply 48
wednesburywench
oh no the main impurity is carbon? shit! i put sulphur,m i was like well it cud be either, but sulphurs removed in a different way so i guessed that. i hate questions which arnt specific, like i mean we no wat the impuriuties are, but nowhere have i clearly been told the MAIN impurity is carbon. oh monkeys. I putt he intermediate for catalytic cracking as Zeolite catalyst? cus it is an intermediate, but as for thermal, wat the hell! i thought paper 3 was quite fair, but thought paper 1s last moles question was worse than it could have been, and paper 23s berillium chloride question was hard. Aint done as well as i cud have :frown:

Yah, the impurity question was very shitty, I almost put sulphur because of the whole magnesium powder removal thing. Who knows though, it's gonna be either carbon or sulphur, it wouldn't surprise me if you got marks for the correct removal method for either.

I'm just pissed we didn't get a nice empiracl formula, % mass question, marks.in.the.bag.
Reply 49
Yep I thought it was a good exam as well..but did u know the answer to the ques on unit 2 about why the substance would decompose completely even though most molecules dont have enough activation energy?
Reply 50
yea wot was that?

i just sed they randomly decomposed
Reply 51
Laurz
Yep I thought it was a good exam as well..but did u know the answer to the ques on unit 2 about why the substance would decompose completely even though most molecules dont have enough activation energy?

I totally made up that when molecules collide energy is given off to the surrounding molecules, therefore increasing their energy. Was the best I could think of at the time!
Reply 52
Wooo thats what I put as well :smile: I said they gain energy from colliding with other molecules and the walls of container

Latest

Trending

Trending