Want more information about this university?
Sophaaay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Does anyone know whether Clubs around Nottingham are strict on ID or not? I don't have any official ID apart from the student card ill receive when i enrol!
djj
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes they are stint.

Get some ID asap
Nottingham Trent University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sophaaay)
Does anyone know whether Clubs around Nottingham are strict on ID or not? I don't have any official ID apart from the student card ill receive when i enrol!
Hi Sophaaay,

I am afraid Nottingham's clubs are strict for ID. They won't let you into the club unless you have proper ID such as your passport, drivers license or provisional license. The only thing I could recommend at this stage is to maybe go through the fast track passport service (the nearest one to Nottingham is Peterborough) however this is expensive! Or apply for your passport and wait it out (3 weeks for a renewal, 6 weeks for a completely new passport).

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
GP1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Would a CitizenCard be ok?
Sophaaay
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thankyou! I have a passport but i dont feel safe carrying that around with me, so ill look into getting a provisional liscence. Would that be ok as general everyday ID apart from using it to enter places?
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GP1996)
Would a CitizenCard be ok?
Hi GP1996,

It all depends on the club and their policies on ID. I will say it is a bit of a risky form of ID as some places may accept them while others will not, although I do know the SU does accept citizen cards. However if I were you, I would personally try and apply for a provisional/passport, just so you can guarantee that you can get into other club events.

If you have any more questions please let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sophaaay)
Thankyou! I have a passport but i dont feel safe carrying that around with me, so ill look into getting a provisional liscence. Would that be ok as general everyday ID apart from using it to enter places?
Hi Sophaaay,

Yes I understand that, Passports are expensive to replace! I used my passport during freshers (while waiting for my provisional) and I would recommend making sure you have a bag with a zippy up pocket (only use for your passport) so once getting into the club you can put the passport into that pocket, zip it up and not have any reason to go into that pocket again! Lessens the risk of you losing it.

Your student card gives you access to uni buildings and resources, as well as giving you student discounts on products/services if offered by the shop/cinema. However, it can not be used for proof of age, as the card does not have your date of birth on it. So you will need another form of ID.

If you have any more questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.47%
I'm not sure (32)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.29%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.31%
I'm not a current university student (357)
48.57%

Watched Threads