Similar course to PPE in Scotland / St. Andrews?

Watch this thread
scblx
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone,
I am applying for PPE in England (Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham, Warwick) and I am thinking of replacing one of my choices with a Scottish university. I am especially thinking about St. Andrews but they don't have a PPE course. I was searching a bit but I did not really find something similar to PPE. Do you have an advice? It should be quite similar because of my personal statement.
For me studying in Scotland would be a big advantage since I would not have to pay tuition fees (EU student).
Thanks in advance
You are welcome to correct my mistakes, English is not my first language
thomyorki
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Stirling does it! Very good university too. So does the UHI (University of Highlands & Islands) but the grades you need to get in are so low... so I wouldn't bother there. St Andrews Uni is extremely difficult to get into anyway, they don't really offer a politics & economics degree. Edinburgh Uni does politics and economics too. Edinburgh Link: http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/undergr..._xml=index.php
Stirling Link: http://www.stir.ac.uk/undergraduate-...economics-ppe/
Lawrence.L
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
St Andrews don't do
Lawrence.L_4237
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
St Andrews don't do
Ellenborough
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Sorry to interject/hijack this thread, but where is the best BSc (Hons) Economics undergadutae course in Scotland. Like applied Economics becuase good at Maths. St Andrews or Edinburgh or Herriot-Watt or Stirling or .............Thanks!
Lawrence.L
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by scblx)
Hey everyone,
I am applying for PPE in England (Oxford, LSE, UCL, Durham, Warwick) and I am thinking of replacing one of my choices with a Scottish university. I am especially thinking about St. Andrews but they don't have a PPE course. I was searching a bit but I did not really find something similar to PPE. Do you have an advice? It should be quite similar because of my personal statement.
For me studying in Scotland would be a big advantage since I would not have to pay tuition fees (EU student).
Thanks in advance
You are welcome to correct my mistakes, English is not my first language
It appears my message did not fully send. Whilst St.Andrews do not do a PPE course, they do a Philosophy / International Relations dual honours course. St.Andrews don't do politics, and instead do International Relations... St.Andrews are 2nd in Britain for both Philosophy and Politics (even though at St. Andrews it is just International Relations), only behind Oxford in both categories - according to the complete university guide which is most reliable. This obviously wouldn't be good for those wanting the economics part of the PPE course, however should you be wanting to study PPE with the intent of dropping Economics after the 1st year, the course at St. Andrews of Philosphy / IR is a great option.
Lawrence.L
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ellenborough)
Sorry to interject/hijack this thread, but where is the best BSc (Hons) Economics undergadutae course in Scotland. Like applied Economics becuase good at Maths. St Andrews or Edinburgh or Herriot-Watt or Stirling or .............Thanks!
St. Andrews would be best, then Herriot-Watt and then Glasgow. Those are the top 3 in Scotland for Economics. All have their pros and cons. St Andrews is by some way the best academically, yet will have a higher work load and less night life. Herriot-Watt will have good night life due to being in/near Edinburgh, just clubs are more expensive in Edinburgh in comparison to Glasgow - but as a student there will always be deals during the week like Thursdays and Tuesdays so just go out then oppose to Friday/Saturday. Glasgow also has it's benefit of great night life and also slightly cheaper night life, but slightly rougher in terms of who goes out in Glasgow but nothing to be scared of in any way. All are pretty areas and Uni's. It's really just up to personal opinion and if you are accepted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads