This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Times said:German Net cannibal had Londoner on menu
by alan hall in berlin

The real-life German cannibal who met a disturbed fellow fantasist on the internet and ate him later tried to get a London man on his menu.

The unnamed man actually got as far as being in the cannibal's house. He was wrapped naked in cellophane with his body parts marked out for butchering - but then said he wanted to go home.

The shocking cyberspace hunt Armin Miewes carried out after he dined on a willing victim Jürgen Brandes two years ago, is revealed in Germany before Miewes's forthcoming trial.

It is a case which has focused on a dark area of human sexuality, fuelled by perverted internet chat rooms.

Prosecutors said that Herr Miewes filleted 65lb (30kg) of flesh from the body of Herr Brandes which he labelled "rump", "steak", "fillet", "ham" and "bacon." He stored them in his deep freeze and cooked and ate most of him on his garden barbecue over the following seven months.

Herr Miewes, 41, a highly paid computer programmer, told the German magazine Stern in an issue released today that killing Herr Brandes made him feel "fulfilled - like I was married or something".

Police say there are more homosexual cannibals and more willing victims like Herr Brandes, 43, whose morbid fantasies corresponded perfectly with his killer's.

Herr Miewes had nurtured a dream of killing and eating a human since he was 12. It took 29 years and 430 e-mail contacts to transform his sick dream into reality.

He lived in the rural town of Rotenburg, not far from Kassel, and told police that he contacted others who shared his fantasies through chat rooms called "Gourmet",''Cannibal Caf" and "Eaten Up".

With the nickname Franky he was very specific about what he wanted: a man who wanted to have his penis cut off, who wanted then to eat it before he was stabbed to death. Amazingly, there were takers.

Police later found, alongside his extensive collection of Walt Disney videos and books, recipes for human flesh.

He prepared a room in the shambolic farmhouse where he lived as the "butchery". He built a wooden cage in the corner of the room in case his intended victim tried to back out of their deal at the last moment.

One 31-year-old hotel cook from Füssen called Jörg went so far as to meet with him at the house where they mapped out which bits he would eat after he killed him. Joerg said he liked talking about death because it aroused him. He wasn't interested in the real thing.

"I need a REAL victim!" was Herr Miewes's last plea on the internet in February 2001.

Bernd Brandes from Spandau, Berlin, was his man. Bisexual, unbalanced, using the nickname Cator, he had quit his job with the Siemens electrical company.

Miewes plied Brandes with brandy and tranquilisers, and videoed the whole shocking affair.

"It was an indescribable feeling for me," he told police. "Hate, love, happiness, power. My life's dream had come true."

He saved one arm of his victim which he dried out in the oven: he thought he would hang it like the air-dried hams of Parma in Italy.

But he wanted new men for new menus and contacted them in London, Kassel, Essen and the Odenwald near Frankfurt. One Londoner he rejected after hearing descrptions of his body: "Too fatty".

The other was wrapped up in cellophane and placed in the wooden cage in the butchery. He told Herr Miewes he got excited only simulating death - not the real thing. Herr Miewes let him go.

The role-play photos were posted on the internet and another young man applied to become his next meal. A student from Innsbruck, Austria, he was sickened when he realised that Herr Miewes wasn't joking when he said he really wanted to eat him and went to the police.

It took two months for police to identify Franky as Herr Miewes. On the day in November 2002 when his house was raided there was just 15lb of flesh left in the deep freeze. But he had not killed again; Brandes was the one and only victim.

Herr Miewes is being tried for murder because cannibalism isn't a crime in Germany. But he is confident of a light sentence, saying: "I think I will be out after four or five years. It isn't as if I killed anyone against their will."

I conclude there are some very strange people roaming this planet.
bones
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That is disgusting, it makes me feel sick just reading it.

You should have really mentioned in the topic that it may offend some readers.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The interesting thing is the way the reporter has written it in such an unshocked manner, as if he's reporting David Beckham's latest hairstyle.
Toyosi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, i read about that. It isn't the cannabalism that really disturbs me. Its the fact that someone volunteered to me eaten ( and eat his own **** ), and go sit in the bath tub to bleed out properly. How exactly does being eaten qualify as a life long dream. And her I am wanting to find love and have a brilliant career.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
How very gross and odd.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If that story had appeared in the Daily Sport I would have laughed it off as a prank... then I looked at the source of this story ... The Times - they don't make things up like that.

Totally sickening - a gross fetish that these people have.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yuck thats terrible!!! And to think people well off people with good jobs would actually volunteer for that kind of thing - it's just so sick.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
And the police spokesperson said that it's conceivable that this sort of thing could happen in America but not in Germany. Well, pal, it did happen in Germany and half of them are sexually deviant freaks. The other half are into the Schwaben (naked bathhouses).
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Half way through reading this, I leaned back in my chair and said "what the **** is this all about?"
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
what's the source of this story? i did a search on Google and only got 4 results...this forum was one of them, but no "official" stories came up in the results
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
ermmmmmm JESUS CHRIST,can ppl get more abnormal than that?
i mean i knew people were weird,but that weird? he might be an alien.....
Bumblebee3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
The interesting thing is the way the reporter has written it in such an unshocked manner, as if he's reporting David Beckham's latest hairstyle.
Well David Beckham's hair has been quite disturbing in the past... It just shows you need to watch out for people you meet on the internet
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
While reading the original posting of this article I was somewhat disturbed by the opinionated nature of the writing. I'm sure that not all cannibals are homosexuals just as every homosexual in the world is not a cannibal. Cannibalism, I've collected is easy to brand as "fanticiful" and "weird." That's just because it isn't mainstream in our culture. I'm sure that if we still lived in a world where ritual slaughters and lack of food were so common as they once were, from years to millennia ago, we'd find it quite normal and even elite to have ourselves a slice of "rump roast" or a human meat-spread smeared across a champagne cracker. But we don't. Humans have what we call compassion and empathy. So cannibalism seems wrong from this perspective. Now put yourself in the place of someone who might consider on contemplating..."I wonder if the white meat tastes like chicken or turkey." This seems scary only because you don't want to die. Someone who might have a thought like this is only living on the human emotion of curiosity, but some, I am sure, have or will take it further. Try to understand how he felt and realize especially that he didn't eat the other man because he was a homosexual, he ate him because he was a cannibal. The part with the penis was only a little bit of creativity with a mere expendable part of a human being. As for now, I think I'll still limit my menu to chicken.
woahmonkey
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
While reading the original posting of this article I was somewhat disturbed by the opinionated nature of the writing. I'm sure that not all cannibals are homosexuals just as every homosexual in the world is not a cannibal. Cannibalism, I've collected is easy to brand as "fanticiful" and "weird." That's just because it isn't mainstream in our culture. I'm sure that if we still lived in a world where ritual slaughters and lack of food were so common as they once were, from years to millennia ago, we'd find it quite normal and even elite to have ourselves a slice of "rump roast" or a human meat-spread smeared across a champagne cracker. But we don't. Humans have what we call compassion and empathy. So cannibalism seems wrong from this perspective. Now put yourself in the place of someone who might consider on contemplating..."I wonder if the white meat tastes like chicken or turkey." This seems scary only because you don't want to die. Someone who might have a thought like this is only living on the human emotion of curiosity, but some, I am sure, have or will take it further. Try to understand how he felt and realize especially that he didn't eat the other man because he was a homosexual, he ate him because he was a cannibal. The part with the penis was only a little bit of creativity with a mere expendable part of a human being. As for now, I think I'll still limit my menu to chicken.
cimmie
Report 16 years ago
i am from germany, searching some tasty ähm tastefully young people to met sorry meet
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cimmie)
i am from germany, searching some tasty ähm tastefully young people to met sorry meet
Here Shylock, you can have a pound of flesh.
cimmie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Here Shylock, you can have a pound of flesh.
sorry i am vegetarian :rolleyes: - really... believe me

who wants to meet me?
BABYGUY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i take it that the story was made up then
cimmie
Report 16 years ago
no there was such a case serveral weeks ago. It was in the News (paper, TV, radio,...)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (295)
34.26%
No (566)
65.74%

Watched Threads