ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazzyaa911)
    10 pages?
    so? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with 10 pages ?
    Most ppl i Know did around that much.

ReputationRep:
    Well, did you read the front of the thing and it said that 2 pages would be enough for section B so if u do 10 pages that means that 8 pages were analytical?

But it's what you feel comfortable with, and it isn't pages, its whats on them.
    So, it probably doesn't matter apart form more reading for the examiner! :cool: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i did 8 do a new question on a new page, to leave some space if i wanna go back, but i filled up each page pretty much. 10 seems like a killing for 1hr45 :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinz)
    i did 8 do a new question on a new page, to leave some space if i wanna go back, but i filled up each page pretty much. 10 seems like a killing for 1hr45 :P
    That's me in History though, i write so much , but the time is harsh for History exams...in this exam i think i probably wrote 6 or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinz)
    depends on writing size really tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    depends on writing size really tho
    Did anybody do question 4 - i wrote the most cheesy thing ever....and i made it so funny the examiner will probably collapse, i did the most unorthodox piece of writing ever done by myself. HA okay i will just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam was quite good. We had an English examiner/guy who writes papers for AQA come and speak to us a few weeks ago and he said we should write no more than 2 pages for section B, keeps the quality high etc. etc... gave us good advice, think it worked

In total I did 7 pages, think it went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomNotts)
    I thought the exam was quite good. We had an English examiner/guy who writes papers for AQA come and speak to us a few weeks ago and he said we should write no more than 2 pages for section B, keeps the quality high etc. etc... gave us good advice, think it worked

In total I did 7 pages, think it went well
    Cool, thats good then, i didn't really write more than 2 pages, but cos mine was a leaflet i can't tell i left gaps and things lol

ReputationRep:
    This exam seemed pretty alright, (bear in mind I had EdExcel Maths 2 days ago, and compared to that this would seem easy).

Also the section B was virtually the same as what we had to do in the mocks (argue for or against the proposal to ban work experience) so I just rewrote what I did in the mocks and got an A for!

Got paper 2 to look forward to now! I do OK on different cultures poems, but the last question (describing something) is a nightmare :-(

ReputationRep:
    oh sorry i meant 10 pages over all. Not just on section B. Did 2 and a bit for B and the rest on section A.

Q2a) was so stupid. such a pointless question, its more of a history source type Q than english and there weren't enough things to say to get the full 4 marks in my opinion.

History paper 1 should be gr8, i love history but the hand aches afterwards are not pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoeguy)
    This exam seemed pretty alright, (bear in mind I had EdExcel Maths 2 days ago, and compared to that this would seem easy).

Also the section B was virtually the same as what we had to do in the mocks (argue for or against the proposal to ban work experience) so I just rewrote what I did in the mocks and got an A for!

Got paper 2 to look forward to now! I do OK on different cultures poems, but the last question (describing something) is a nightmare :-(
    describing isnt actually that difficult if you know how to do it. check out this website: http://www.englishbiz.co.uk/mainguides/describe.htm

i used it and went from a B to an A*. in practice at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undry1)
    describing isnt actually that difficult if you know how to do it. check out this website: http://www.englishbiz.co.uk/mainguides/describe.htm

i used it and went from a B to an A*. in practice at least.
    Thanks, that seems really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the paper was alright, yet a little hard in places, and especially boring.

The leaflet looked like it had been made within half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    In that Steinbeck passage was I right to write about how he uses sarcasm for the last question (language and techniques) e.g. when he says about no-one ever starves to death in America but some people die of malnutrition and when he says that the guy who supposedly treats his workers well, actually pays them less than other farmers.

ReputationRep:
    I think that you could tell that the real papers had been stolen. (More info: UKL Thread, AQA Press Release).

Don't you?

ReputationRep:
    i wonder what the real question would have been. couldn't possibly have been less interesting. damn those paper theives.

ReputationRep:
    Thats two years in a row !
    When won't they get stolen and why is it always this exam ?
    I'd much rather see one of the science exams illeagly than an english exam....not that i'd ever think of cheating ....

ReputationRep:
    Woulndnt it be easier to rob them a couple of hours before so that theres absolutely no chance of the papers being changed. Agree with you on the science thing, i'm not sure id go up a grade in english just from seeing the papers early, but science or maths ;-)

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.