The Student Room Group

Why do women sacrifice their biological and natural urges for ''careers''....

Why do a lot of women want to do this?

I mean yeah I understand they want to have 'choices' like men, but what is the actual point of it? How can any human being see slaving away in an office doing work, which you likely would never do if you didn't have any bills to pay, better than giving life to your own blood and raising it. Moreover men don't have a ''choice'' to have a career, they either work or go out on the streets starving and dying.

Not only that, but most women's ''careers'' are useless; being HR bots, or crunching numbers into excel documents in a cramped office, or being a typist and writing senseless drivel and gossiping around the office (actually this applies no matter which 'career' they're in :lol:).

I could understand women wanting to be career orientated if their careers actually made a difference to this world and the society they live in, such as being disproportionally represented in careers such as scientists, mathematicians, construction workers, plumbing, electrician, the military, online security, architecture etc. The only career where they're disproportionally represented in a good way, which impacts our society, is nursing and teaching. That's it. Any other field where there is actual work to be done and that impacts the society we live in their numbers are abysmal. Look at women's enrolment rates in STEM subjects around the western world; they're dire. There's a reason Imperial College is known as a sausage fest.

Not only that but then they have the cheek to turn around and ask why do men earn more than women? :gigg: (Actually men don't earn more than women FOR THE SAME JOB, this myth has been debunked countless times.)

So I want to ask why is it cherished for people to destroy their blood line and generation for the senseless pursuit of sitting in cramped office, bored to death and doing something which, more than likely, has little effect on the society we live in? It just seems so absurd, there's literally no logical meaning for it, apart from FEELS.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
[QUOTE=what is thisMkII;59521703]Why do a lot of women want to do this?

I mean yeah I understand they want to have 'choices' like men, but what is the actual point of it? How can any human being see slaving away in an office doing work, which you likely would never do if you didn't have any bills to pay, better than giving life to your own blood and raising it. Moreover men don't have a ''choice'' to have a career, they either work or go out on the streets starving and dying.

Not only that, but most women's ''careers'' are useless; being HR bots, or crunching numbers into excel documents in a cramped office, or being a typist and writing senseless drivel and gossiping around the office (actually this applies no matter which 'career' they're in :lol:).

I could understand women wanting to be career orientated if their careers actually made a difference to this world and the society they live in, such as being disproportionally represented in careers such as scientists, mathematicians, construction workers, plumbing, electrician, the military, online security, architecture etc. The only career where they're disproportionally represented in a good way, which impacts our society, is nursing and teaching. That's it. Any other field where there is actual work to be done and that impacts the society we live in their numbers are abysmal. Look at women's enrolment rates in STEM subjects around the western world; they're dire. There's a reason Imperial College is known as a sausage fest.

Not only that but then they have the cheek to turn around and ask why do men earn more than women? :gigg: (Actually men don't earn more than women FOR THE SAME JOB, this myth has been debunked countless times.)

So I want to ask why is it cherished for people to destroy their blood line and generation for the senseless pursuit of sitting in cramped office, bored to death and doing something which, more than likely, has little effect on the society we live in? It just seems so absurd, there's literally no logical meaning for it, apart from FEELS.

I don't know honestly. I'm 18 years old and want to have my own family more than anything else (in the future) while my friends want a job and that's it. They won't even consider having a family, it's so confusing..
Oh here we go with one of TSR's resident misogynists. Go back to the dark ages OP.
Original post by JemAllen9
I don't know honestly. I'm 18 years old and want to have my own family more than anything else (in the future) while my friends want a job and that's it. They won't even consider having a family, it's so confusing..

Like I said, if those friends want an actual job which impacts society such as being a doctor, nurse or a teacher, then all the power to them. I don't have a problem with that.

If it's a boring number crunching office job then that is just so LOL-worthy.

At least you are on the right path, it's women who follow their natural urges to be mother who are the most happiest, as many studies have shown.
Children are disgusting and I would take a lifetime of office bound servitude to stay as far away from them as possible.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Oh here we go with one of TSR's resident misogynists. Go back to the dark ages OP.

If you have nothing to add to this discussion that's fine, I'd jsut rather you not post for cheap rep points from feminists.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Children are disgusting and I would take a lifetime of office bound servitude to stay as far away from them as possible.

:lol:

Thousands of years of human evolution, thousands of year of your ancestors braving jungle in Africa and surviving cold, harsh climates in Europe just to see it all end in some boring office as the ovaries dry out because some feminists say that's what a woman should be :lol:
1/10
Reply 9
[QUOTE=what is thisMkII;59521811]Like I said, if those friends want an actual job which impacts society such as being a doctor, nurse or a teacher, then all the power to them. I don't have a problem with that.

If it's a boring number crunching office job then that is just so LOL-worthy.

At least you are on the right path, it's women who follow their natural urges to be mother who are the most happiest, as many studies have shown.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against women who want a job over a family. It's nothing that is uncommon and there's nothing wrong with it, not every woman wants a family and that's fine. I need to get a decent job in order to raise a family. But not every woman is the same and wants a family.
Its called choice.
Original post by silverbolt
Its called choice.

I'm not saying anywhere that they shouldn't be allowed the choice.

I'm asking for the logic behind it, as far as I can see, there's none. It's built upon an appeal to emotion on ''Muh choice, muh freedom from 'oppression' ''.
Reply 12
I don't have a natural urge to be a mother. Not right now, anyway.

I want to be able to support myself independently. I hate the idea of having to rely on someone else, and you never know what will happen down the line.

I don't yet have a man with whom I'd like to have children.

I enjoy intellectual stimulus, and talking to grown-ups, and the satisfaction of a job well-done at work.

I like variety.

If I have children I don't want to give up everything for them, because they won't be in my everyday life forever. I want to be occupied after they're grown up.

I won't bother addressing the sexist job type idiocy in your post.
Original post by what is thisMkII
:lol:

Thousands of years of human evolution, thousands of year of your ancestors braving jungle in Africa and surviving cold, harsh climates in Europe just to see it all end in some boring office as the ovaries dry out because some feminists say that's what a woman should be :lol:

And not a moment too soon.
Boring office job? Isn't that what all the web developers, software engineers, database administrators and clerks do?
Reply 15
PS I quite like working in an office.
Original post by what is thisMkII
I'm not saying anywhere that they shouldn't be allowed the choice.

I'm asking for the logic behind it, as far as I can see, there's none. It's built upon an appeal to emotion on ''Muh choice, muh freedom from 'oppression' ''.

Because they dont want to have kids yet, or dont want children ever? Or want to some financial security behind them?

There is a multitude of reasons
Reply 17
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Hahahaha!!! Exactly how I feel. I'm sure I'll want children sometime in the future but I know from having a 4 yo brother that there is nothing more difficult and gross than rearing children haha.
Original post by shawn_o1
Boring office job? Isn't that what all the web developers, software engineers, database administrators and clerks do?

But the difference is that their work actually impacts society in a good way. Crunching a bunch of useless numbers into an excel spreadsheet for a faceless corporation does not, in fact it may even negatively affect society as the vast majority of the wealth goes to the top 1% in that company, as well as the issue of evading taxes etc.

Heck it's probably more productive to society to be a waiter than to work for a corporation, at least you're doing something decent for society (providing food).
Reply 19
Original post by shawn_o1

Yeah I'm sick of hearing people complain about "boring office jobs". There is nothing wrong with an office, it's just a bloody room! Why it should automatically mean something bad to work "in an office" is beyond me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending