The Student Room Group

AS Geography

Is AS geography hard?
I dropped maths for geography. I kind of enjoyed and understood geography during GCSEs. I'm only doing it for one year then continuing with my other 3 A-levels.
Original post by Sruthi George
Is AS geography hard?
I dropped maths for geography. I kind of enjoyed and understood geography during GCSEs. I'm only doing it for one year then continuing with my other 3 A-levels.

Which exam board are you doing geography with?
AQA I think
Original post by Sruthi George
AQA I think

Oh okay, I was with WJEC so your course content will be different to mine, sorry I couldn't be much help :redface:
that's okay but thanks though :smile:
Reply 5
You probably don't want to hear this but my school also do AQA Geog and all my friends got C's D's and E's despite being predicted really high :frown: The Geog teacher just said though it was down to not putting enough work in so you'll be fine. In the end it was the worst set of results ever for my school in any subject for geography last year
I did AS geog on AQA and it was very time consuming... There are a lot of things to learn/case studies, and the exam technique is not too difficult as long as you practice.
I was on Edexcel and thoroughly enjoyed unit 1 (big unit), but didn't like unit 2.
Original post by alexp98
You probably don't want to hear this but my school also do AQA Geog and all my friends got C's D's and E's despite being predicted really high :frown: The Geog teacher just said though it was down to not putting enough work in so you'll be fine. In the end it was the worst set of results ever for my school in any subject for geography last year

oh okay then i'll work my socks off heh :smile: thanks Alex ^_^
Original post by itsConnor_
I was on Edexcel and thoroughly enjoyed unit 1 (big unit), but didn't like unit 2.

Ive just started edexcel unit 1! Is it easy and any exam techniques?
Original post by Alisha1998
Ive just started edexcel unit 1! Is it easy and any exam techniques?

Most of it's just rote learning (I ended up getting 100% in this exam) - I can't recommend using mark schemes to make notes from enough (especially nearer exams). Same sorts of Qs come up every year. Examiner reports are good (especially the summaries hinting at what they want to examine in future papers).

As I said, there a bunch of Qs over the years with really good mark schemes to revise from. I'll attach a pic of the type I mean
AQA geography is not too hard but not easy as like GCSE there are a lot of case studies. it is definitely a fun subject though and the fieldwork is a good break away from written work
I did edexcel at GCSE and got 100ums in every paper- now doing AQA at AS and I'm finding there literally isn't a jump at all. (My easiest subject by far)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsConnor_
Most of it's just rote learning (I ended up getting 100% in this exam) - I can't recommend using mark schemes to make notes from enough (especially nearer exams). Same sorts of Qs come up every year. Examiner reports are good (especially the summaries hinting at what they want to examine in future papers).

As I said, there a bunch of Qs over the years with really good mark schemes to revise from. I'll attach a pic of the type I mean

Ooh Thank you so much! and well done for getting 100% :smile:
Reply 14
well it's easier than maths thats for sure
There's a lot of content but it's not that difficult. Make sure you memorize key facts in your case studies and know your processes for physical geography, it's definitely doable. I would recommend doing as many past papers as possible too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest