Computing AS AQA New spec

Watch this thread
Alisha1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does anyone know how to revise or study for the new spec as there isn't much resources online?
AmarRPM
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alisha1998)
Does anyone know how to revise or study for the new spec as there isn't much resources online?
I'm also taking the new spec, there's a good textbook called 'AQA A Level Computer Science' which covers the entire course, and 'AQA AS Level Computer Science' which covers the standalone AS qualification. I've bought both books and they've helped me quite a bit with learning the theory side of things
Alisha1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you, where can I order this? Also what program do you do your programming on? Im doing visual basics!
AmarRPM
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alisha1998)
Thank you, where can I order this? Also what program do you do your programming on? Im doing visual basics!
I ordered both of these books from Amazon UK, and the program I'll be doing the project on will be python. I did visual basic during my GCSE computing course and it's a decent language to be programming on, there are loads of resources/youtube tutorials for it online!

Also there is quite a lot of computer science/computing theory sections on BBC bitesize, even though it's mainly for the GCSE it does teach a lot of fundamental A Level concepts too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (145)
29.12%
It went fairly well (236)
47.39%
It didn't go too well (74)
14.86%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.63%

Watched Threads