Turn on thread page Beta

Where there women doctors in ancient greece? watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know? The textbooks I have say different things! Thanks,
    C-x

ReputationRep:
    Is this for GCSE History- Medicine Through Time? Women did medical stuff for the poor and for their family as far as I know, but they weren't actually accepted as doctors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Is this for GCSE History- Medicine Through Time? Women did medical stuff for the poor and for their family as far as I know, but they weren't actually accepted as doctors.
    Yeah, it is! Got any idea about the middle ages as well? M text book is so patchy and we werent taught it in class. Love your screen name b.t.w

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usuallystressed)
    Yeah, it is! Got any idea about the middle ages as well? M text book is so patchy and we werent taught it in class. Love your screen name b.t.w
    Middle Ages I think is pretty much the same. You've got the travelling "businesses" that sell items and "cures" and then move onto elsewhere, you've got the trained doctors, there's blind faith in God, and as far as I know women were still the ones caring for the poor and their family. All except the trained doctors and faith were looked down upon. Hope that helps.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.