Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a chemistry test on friday (C5) and there are only a few days left I wanted to do revision on the weekend but I had a ton of homework which left me with no time for chemistry and I understand everything we do in class but I just struggle to remember things like definitions or knowing enough information to answer a 6 mark question decently. Today was the first day where I finally got a chance to do proper revision but I lost my concentration really easily and I just found it difficult :/ (I used to do mindmaps but today I thought I should just write notes and not focus on presentation and just try to get things done) and especialy the higher tier stuff just became impossible to remember I really want to get a decent grade but there are only a few days Does anyone have revision suggestions on how to cover C5 quickly by thursday (test is on friday)

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what's in C5, advice may vary with individual topics.

What's on there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viks.)
    I have a chemistry test on friday (C5) and there are only a few days left I wanted to do revision on the weekend but I had a ton of homework which left me with no time for chemistry and I understand everything we do in class but I just struggle to remember things like definitions or knowing enough information to answer a 6 mark question decently. Today was the first day where I finally got a chance to do proper revision but I lost my concentration really easily and I just found it difficult :/ (I used to do mindmaps but today I thought I should just write notes and not focus on presentation and just try to get things done) and especialy the higher tier stuff just became impossible to remember I really want to get a decent grade but there are only a few days Does anyone have revision suggestions on how to cover C5 quickly by thursday (test is on friday)
    I do mindmaps too. I would definitely recommend that you use them again. You could draw one out in about 10 or 15 minutes. You can just put C5 and the centre then provide subtopics and information off them and a separate subtopic for key definitions. I like to highlight each section a different colour. This helps me to visualise it more easily during the test.

* Have you done B6 (Brain and Mind) yet? It says that it's good to remember information through either repetition, colours, or patterns. *

I hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I don't know what's in C5, advice may vary with individual topics.

What's on there?
    C5: Chemicals of the natural environment
    ionic bonding
    covalent bonding
    atmosphere biosphere hydrosphere (chemicals within them)
    Extracting metals and non metals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    I do mindmaps too. I would definitely recommend that you use them again. You could draw one out in about 10 or 15 minutes. You can just put C5 and the centre then provide subtopics and information off them and a separate subtopic for key definitions. I like to highlight each section a different colour. This helps me to visualise it more easily during the test.

* Have you done B6 (Brain and Mind) yet? It says that it's good to remember information through either repetition, colours, or patterns. *

I hope that helps.
    I'm really looking forward to B6 (we haven't done it yet ) Its just that I understand everything we do inclass but with revision I basically forget so many things and now I feel so disorganised becasue I only have a few days but I really want a decent grade Do you have any other revision tips? with mindmaps I tend to spend ages cramming all the info on the mindmap and then it looks really messy so I do it all over again spending ages on trying to be neat (I still fail miserably or end up worse than I started) and it just becomes such an unproductive use of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viks.)
    I'm really looking forward to B6 (we haven't done it yet ) Its just that I understand everything we do inclass but with revision I basically forget so many things and now I feel so disorganised becasue I only have a few days but I really want a decent grade Do you have any other revision tips? with mindmaps I tend to spend ages cramming all the info on the mindmap and then it looks really messy so I do it all over again spending ages on trying to be neat (I still fail miserably or end up worse than I started) and it just becomes such an unproductive use of time
    I like to use BBC Bitesize to revise the topics too. You can also do test bites to test your understanding. My school sells Lonsdale OCR 21st century Classroom Companion revision guides for each science. I would recommend these but it depends on what exam board you do, but you could get books similar to this or of the same brand. They go through each section of the topics clearly from core to additional to triple science. At the end of each section (core, additional or triple), there are practice questions too. That should come in handy. I find it really useful to print out past papers and use the mark scheme to correct it afterwards. This way, you can develop your quality of written communication, and find out a rough grade.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 22, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.