The Student Room Group

Abs improvement from this point...

I pretty much stopped my regular exercising about 2/3 months ago. Ever since then I probably exercised, at max, 4 or 5 times every 2 weeks. Oh the reason I stopped exercising was due to no progress (and I probably needed a gym for some of the workouts), I wanted to gain a little weight/meat and some ab game.

Anyway I later found out I could feel the formation the pack but it's not visible (Probably thanks to the random dancing but not sure if that's the reason). So I also searched you can try getting a 6 pack (or removing the stomach fat) going by using food (and some working out) so I've been trying that last week.

Is there anything else I can try to make them more visible
Reply 1
Just lower body fat and make the abs bigger with more exercise, literally no other way.
As above, you have to lower your bodyfat, also do exercises with weights... Perhaps instead of hundreds of sit-ups try a few sets with weighted leg raises. Compound lifts are pretty good as well.
Reply 3
Original post by zyzzyspirit
As above, you have to lower your bodyfat, also do exercises with weights... Perhaps instead of hundreds of sit-ups try a few sets with weighted leg raises. Compound lifts are pretty good as well.

Original post by hayderm
Just lower body fat and make the abs bigger with more exercise, literally no other way.

My body fat is extremely low, I just have quite a little stomach fat that doesn't wanna go.
I will try the weights but I don't want to lose any meat, I'm skinny already
Original post by LeyK
My body fat is extremely low, I just have quite a little stomach fat that doesn't wanna go.
I will try the weights but I don't want to lose any meat, I'm skinny already

You may think your low body fat % is low but genetics plays a large role. Some people can be in the 12% and have visible abs whereas others have to be at 9-10%. Also, you can't spot reduce and diet = 70% & workout = 30%.

What do you mean by "lose any meat"? To build muscle you need to be in a calories surplus. Also not to be rude but abs on a skinny guy is like big t on a fat girl it just doesn't complete a physique.

"Abs are made in the kitchen" - Steve Cook
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest