The Student Room Group

Am I studying good subjects?

I am studying history, politics, geography and sociology are these considered good subjects.
Reply 1
History and Geography are considered quite facilitating (especially history), politics and sociology are not 'as' facilitating.

This doesn't necessarily mean good/bad though, it depends entirely what you want to do at uni/in the future that determines whether these were "good" or "bad" subject choices.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Inexorably
History and Politics are considered quite facilitating (especially history), geography and sociology are not 'as' facilitating.

This doesn't necessarily mean good/bad though, it depends entirely what you want to do at uni/in the future that determines whether these were "good" or "bad" subject choices.

I thought geography is and politics wasn't? Sociology isnt though.
Reply 3
I do politics and I have heard a mix of things from people.
Depends what you want to do after with them?
Well I do history and politics and in my opinion they go hand in hand together (depending on the unit you study in history) in my case it was british political history therefore politics was very helpful. Also both subjects are rich in very interesting content therefore I believe they are great subjects and very enjoyable :biggrin: haven't done the other two though! So I can't say.
Reply 6
Original post by Kholmes1
I thought geography is and politics wasn't? Sociology isnt though.

Apologies, you are correct I did get them mixed up. Sociology & Politics are both in the "limited suitability" (facilitating) on > http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/admissions/ug/apply/a-level-combinations

Whereas Geography & History are in the most facilitating Arts.
--
In my honest opinion if Sociology exams weren't so lenient upon the amt of marks you could lose then they would have a chance of being in the most facilitating. It can be an easy course in AS but A2 is an absolute battlefied and people quite often look down on it sadly :frown: Personal bias though
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest