She dumped me, is this a good enough reason?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Yesterday we had an argument about how i dont spend much time with her. Ive been really busy recently due to uni work, gym and football etc. We go out twice a week but thats not enough for her. Sometimes i feel slightly suffocated by her presence. She text me today saying that she wants a bf that is caring and loving. Then a few hours later she replies i want to break up, please dont get upset. I know much how you love me. I was completely baffled she wants to bf that is caring and admits to me loving her but dumps me anyway. Im not even hurt but i think her reasoning is flawed.
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To be honest she seems nice and you seem like a bit of a tool. What did you say to her after her first texts where she said she wanted a bf that is caring and loving. As love isn't the same as loving. You do know that right?
Mystery.
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
Twice a week?! That's more than enough. Personally, I think that's a stupid reason to break up with someone especially when you have been so busy etc.
sadly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yesterday we had an argument about how i dont spend much time with her. Ive been really busy recently due to uni work, gym and football etc. We go out twice a week but thats not enough for her. Sometimes i feel slightly suffocated by her presence. She text me today saying that she wants a bf that is caring and loving. Then a few hours later she replies i want to break up, please dont get upset. I know much how you love me. I was completely baffled she wants to bf that is caring and admits to me loving her but dumps me anyway. Im not even hurt but i think her reasoning is flawed.
Uhm if you're so busy all the time how are you even caring? You're concentrating on your own life so much that you don't even put any effort into the relationship (you need to google what that means frankly) and you're not even aware or looking at her at all what is twice a week to her? Not enough and she made that clear so...but if you felt suffocated by her presence then you weren't meant to be block her delete her and see ya later that relationship is over
Gears265
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is a prime reason why I can't trade my freedom for a relationship. I need to be able to engage in my sports and interests, plus family, finances and academia she be first priority.
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mystery.)
Twice a week?! That's more than enough. Personally, I think that's a stupid reason to break up with someone especially when you have been so busy etc.
Really? Gym and football more important than your girlfriend?
Mystery.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
Really? Gym and football more important than your girlfriend?
No, uni and gym combined are more important though. You need a balance. Also, it's not like he is neglecting her completely- they go out twice a week? The OP states they were really busy this week. That implies perhaps, that's not always the case and it was a one off due to work pressure etc ?
OP says that they feel "suffocated by her prescence" . Clearly that must mean they are going out already too much or has just lost interest as OP didn't feel hurt by the break up?
Seems like the relationship would have worsen if they saw each other more often so it's better to end it now than later.
Ribbits
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Neither person is in the wrong here.

Some people have successful happy relationships where they practically live two separate lives and only meet in the middle sometimes, others want to spend as much time as humanly possible together - most are somewhere in the middle. It's just a question of compatability. Seems like you fundamentally don't compliment each others' needs. You can love someone and not be right for them. She wants someone who loves and cares in the same intensity/way that she does - you want someone who doesn't need a constant presence, put pressure on you or become a chore to care for and share love with.
ZuluK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
to be honest, you probably didn't like her that much if you are not that upset about breaking up. it does seem like a crap excuse but it just wasn't meant to be. just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean you have to hang out with her everyday.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A good enough reason.......? Any reason is good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zechs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She can dump you for whatever reason she wants , she's not a robot.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think her reasoning is flawed, if that's what she wants, it's what she wants. Me and my girlfriend have always been kinda chill, doing our own thing a lot. Some people say they can't believe how much time we spend apart, some people say it looks like we have a great relationship. She just wants different things to you.

And if you really aren't hurt, you clearly didn't like her that much anyway, let alone love her.
k3ro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ribbits is right. some people are more high maintenance than others (not necessarily a bad thing, and it goes for both guys and girls). you need to find someone who, like you, is fine with meeting up only a few times per week. you don't have to 'trade your freedom' to be in a relationship, you just have to find someone who's on the same wavelength as you.
BerniHurton
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Reading this to my friend and she says she somewhat agrees, but seeing each other only 2 times in the week?? And how is 2 days out of 7 suffocating???? Like, you see your school mates more than that?? Of course she'd want to spend more time with you, she's your gf!!!! How long have you been together??? That's a big thing in amount of time spent together.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It doesn't matter if the reason's not "good enough" I mean wtf you gonna do if it isn't "good enough", say "nah you can't dump me your reason's not legit" like wtf
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
It doesn't matter if the reason's not "good enough" I mean wtf you gonna do if it isn't "good enough", say "nah you can't dump me your reason's not legit" like wtf
This! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
BruceJender
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

This is the trouble with a lot of women. They'll get uptight when you don't spend enough time with them, and get harassed if you try too hard!

Don't try to reason or be logical with women and breaks ups... this leads to more hurt. Just take it as it is, she dumped you (by text) and now you should cut contact and move on.
BerniHurton
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
you genius
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads