Business Studies Stock Control Help

Watch
This discussion is closed.
jagillham
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I am currently doing GCSE "Stock Control" for a casestudy. Problem is we have only touched this subject quickly and I have only 2 pages of information. Of them 2 pages 75% is graphs. Could anyone post links to sites with a detailed description of what exactly "Stock Control" and some examples. Or post what they know about this subject. I am all :confused: about this an need help. Any help will be welcome.

James
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yo yo yo business boy
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Right stock has an opportunity cost that is it has a monetary value, ie money is tied up within it. Stock control is important to minimise the amount of money tied up within holding stock but also to ensure you have the correct amount to meet demand. There are two types of stock control, you can either use bulk buying benefits if you are an economy of scales. This means you will have few deliveries of stock but have a large capacity to store but will also be offered incentives. Secondly you can use the lean method of JIT, this means that stock is delivered at the exact moment it is needed. However this is risky for example if the transport of this stock is effected by the weather you could be left with no stock so will loose out on sales. This is why it is beneifcal to have a buffer stock. Need anymore help??
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If you get tested on this, it will probly either be about the opportunity cost (above) or you'll have to complete (probably not draw) a graph. Most of the information you'll need will be in the case study (re-order level etc) and it is usually a pretty easy to follow zig-zag

\ |\ |\ -Reorder level
\ | \ | \
\ | \ | \
\| \| \ -Buffer level

Hope this helps
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
oops, ASCII graph messed up, sorry
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads