The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

PYA4 and PYA5

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hohum
I did PYA4 in Jan...didn't get an amazing mark (B i think) but it meant that I only have to get an E in this exam to get an A :smile: saying that I haven't actually revised...I'm hoping for schizophrenia but i reckon depression. Debates? Hopefully Nature/nurture but knowing my luck it'll be freewill...I HATE IT! Think I'm just gonna learn other three. so glad I'm not doing pya4 as well...that must be a mission to learn on top of unit 5 and two other A2 levels. hope you're all coping...not long to go now !

I'm in a similar situation. I can fail PYA5 and get an A - I need 33/120 on it.
I've been neglecting my psychology revision... I suppose I'm getting a little arrogant, which is awful. I think I'll do some tomorrow.
Ps. Did you see Big Brother? How funny was that?!
Reply 21
I agree I don't think anxiety disorders will come up on PYA5 but knowing exams boards anything could happen they might put it on just to catch everyone out. There isn't as much to learn for anxiety disorders as there is for the others anyway.

I think depression will come up - it's the worst one in my opinion. I don't feel like I'll know half as much stuff for this exam as I have for all the other psycho ones simply because of the lack of time I've had to revise with all the other subjects. I feel sorry for all you guys doing module 4 as well because I don't know how I'd be able to learn all that as well as the module 5 stuff.

This is only from memory but in Jan i answered questions on relationships, sleep and pro and anti social behaviour for module 4. Cultural differences in relationships, the effect of enviornmental stressors on agression and something about different types of rythms came up.....if this helps anyone.
January PYA4 was 77/90. But I was restraining myself from crying in the paper. It was THAT bad for me. We did Relationships; Biorhythms, Sleep & Dreaming; and Adulthood. Most of the questions were with regards to cultural aspects, the only reasonable one was the Biorhythms question. Don't expect a happy PYA4 because I don't think they ever are - but good luck all who are taking it!

PYA5 I don't actually consider to be that evil a paper. Come on people, Approaches is like GIVING you marks on a platter. Issues is easy - try to memorise set essays, because the questions almost never change. I did 3 of the 4 as well, so I may not get a choice - but even so at least I will be able to go into great detail. The "option" is the harder area of the paper, we did Therapies which is fun. There's more to learn here and it's much harder to do well. Reluctant about giving away secrets to exam success at the hindrance of my own, but I think I only need a low C or high D on this paper for the A... so, the way I revise and this is not implicative of how you should... but the way I revise is to keep writing out my notes, trying to shorten them each time but remembering what's there. Then you'll eventually be able to rattle off a list of facts with minimal prompting.

Hopefully. :rolleyes:

-Dragon
Thom18
I'm in a similar situation. I can fail PYA5 and get an A - I need 33/120 on it.
I've been neglecting my psychology revision... I suppose I'm getting a little arrogant, which is awful. I think I'll do some tomorrow.
Ps. Did you see Big Brother? How funny was that?!

What marks did you get for PYA1, PYA2, PYA3 and the coursework?
how many UMS marks is coursework PYA4 and PYA5 worth?
Cw=90ums 4=90 5=120
Reply 26
Anyone got any inklings or suggestions what might come up in Social Psychology or Relationships? :smile:

Hope everyone's revision is going well!
Reply 27
Hello every1, im new at this posting thing neva done it b4! ahhh...n e way can some1 plz tell me wot came up in jan 2004 PYA4 for cognitive development (question 10)!?? PLEASE!!!!
slowjamz
Anyone got any inklings or suggestions what might come up in Social Psychology or Relationships? :smile:

Hope everyone's revision is going well!

No :frown: I've seen a few people suggest interpersonal attraction but I don't know. They have repeated questions from other years in other areas so it could literally be anything - I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't understudied relationships! How's the revision going ?!
Reply 29
eternalsunshine
No :frown: I've seen a few people suggest interpersonal attraction but I don't know. They have repeated questions from other years in other areas so it could literally be anything - I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't understudied relationships! How's the revision going ?!

I know :frown: It seems impossible to second-guess this one. Looking at past questions at the moment, there are some I'd love and some I'd choke on! Oh well. Hmm, revision is a bit slow at the moment :rolleyes: I'm doing okay but still got a lot to get through, but I'm planning on working on this literally all day and until I can't keep my eyes open anymore tonight! I just hope I can cover everything. How's your revision going?
slowjamz
I know :frown: It seems impossible to second-guess this one. Looking at past questions at the moment, there are some I'd love and some I'd choke on! Oh well. Hmm, revision is a bit slow at the moment :rolleyes: I'm doing okay but still got a lot to get through, but I'm planning on working on this literally all day and until I can't keep my eyes open anymore tonight! I just hope I can cover everything. How's your revision going?

Well I got up an hour ago and so far I've read through about 1 page of notes. So not too well! I too will be working all day (until i get distracted by tv... :rolleyes:) it's just sooooooooooooosossosooo boring right now. The first time (and second time even, because I'd forgotten most of it since the first time) around this was all kind of interesting. Now it's just the same stuff constantly and I KNOW it but I don't remember it all. Tedious to say the least.

I think I may be the only person who thinks PYA5 will be easier. I may be misguided but I think it's quite a nice paper (the approaches is okay, debates i'm a little iffy on, and i don't mind individual differences).. The synoptic bit isn't TOO scary because there's lots in PYA4 that I can draw on and also debates are quite good for that.. Hmm.. PYA4 is hell.
Anyone doing the nature of dreams? I am lacking A02 material, is any1 else?
Reply 32
just wondering if anyone can tell me what was on the jan 04 mod 4 paper? just coz im startin to stress now so i wanna know what's unlikely to come up
thanks Sam x
timaling17
just wondering if anyone can tell me what was on the jan 04 mod 4 paper? just coz im startin to stress now so i wanna know what's unlikely to come up
thanks Sam x

You've only just started stressing? LOL
Reply 34
Surfing Hamster
You've only just started stressing? LOL

yeah quite wierd im calm til the day before then start really panicking but ive revisid quite a bit for this so should be ok. Hope your revision's goin ok.
Sam x
Reply 35
hohum
I did PYA4 in Jan...didn't get an amazing mark (B i think) but it meant that I only have to get an E in this exam to get an A :smile: saying that I haven't actually revised...I'm hoping for schizophrenia but i reckon depression. Debates? Hopefully Nature/nurture but knowing my luck it'll be freewill...I HATE IT! Think I'm just gonna learn other three. so glad I'm not doing pya4 as well...that must be a mission to learn on top of unit 5 and two other A2 levels. hope you're all coping...not long to go now !

Need a D overall to get a A :smile: doin both modules though
Lyte
Need a D overall to get a A :smile: doin both modules though

What module marks did you get for your AS modules and Coursework?
Reply 37
i'm going to have a late nighter tonight... i won't go insane from sleep deprivation yet

lou xxx
lou p
i'm going to have a late nighter tonight... i won't go insane from sleep deprivation yet

lou xxx

Yep me too. I've been revising on and off (though mostly off..) all day, I'm going to take a break to watch 24 and big brother (i know, awful, but i need a rest!!) and then listen to my md of all my notes & read through them at same time. Then I'm going to bed :smile:
Good luck all! Prey that i don't get a bitch of a invigilator, the last 1 was sat on the desk right next to me. She kept looking sideways at me, it was really off putting. :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending