chubb890
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone know how to revise these subject? (IM IN YEAR 11)

Maths edexcell
science aqa
english lang aqa
english lit aqa
econmics ocr
art edexcell
geography edexcell
french aqa

need revision tips!!!!
Neuth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chubb890)
X
Past papers... lots of them.
Spider diagrams.
Flashcards/index cards/revision cards.
Read the specifications/syllabuses - make notes on each point.
Make model answers.

Stuff like that

For English, plan essays based on themes, topics etc. - if you're doing unseen poetry/prose try looking at poems or texts you've not read before and analyse them.

For Maths, past papers are key - answer questions, apply your knowledge.

For Sciences, going through the specification point by point and creating model answers is useful.

For Geography, if you have case studies, find ways of learning them - make A4 pages/posters on each one.

For Art, doodle lots - draw what's in front of you, let your imagination go wild, make little sketches of the world around you. Learn about the artists you're studying.

For French, make a list of key words on topics, make flashcards with words you're struggling on or of verb conjugations etc. and practise speaking with friends who study it too. You could even put words & their translations on post-it notes & stick them up in places you look often (e.g. mirror).

I did Bio/Chem/Maths & English Lit at As & I'm now studying Bio/Chem & English Lit at A2. I also did all of those subjects (apart from Economics), plus others, at GCSE.
If you have any questions feel free to ask

Hope this helps :hugs:
Don't panic. You'll be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.94%
They've been reasonable (78)
41.27%
Not feeling great... (49)
25.93%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)