Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where can i get wimbledon tickets from fast?
    Whats the process of selling like? have they already started selling them?

ThanksX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)

ThanksX
    i'm not sure but i recently joined up to the tennis club ( same time as last year ) and they are going as a whole.............. i don't think there are any seats left though, i'll have to enquire into it more

ReputationRep:
    you can buy day tickets to watch any courts in wimbledon except centre, court no1 and court 2. they cost £10 and go on sale about 7:30/8 ish in the morning. go and queue outside wimbledon from 6:00am onwards. it's all good fun, with queue entertainers, etc.

ReputationRep:
    i forgot to mention, centre, court 1 and court 2 tickets are normally on sale to the public by a ballot, for which you get your entry in by december, and the draw takes place soem time in feb.

the other ways of getting match tickets for the show courts are by living in wimbledon (complimentary tickets for locals) or through corporate hospitality/competitions.

or there's always the black market.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want to queue, the only ways to get tickets now are
    1)At vastly inflated prices from tour groups
    2)Illegally from ebay or touts
    3)At vastly inflated prices from debenture holders. not illegal but about £3000 per pair (normal cost £75 each for finals day)

Note about queuing - there are no court tickets available at the door for the last 4 days (Thurs-Sun. The semis and finals) If you queue on those days all you will get is a ticket for 'Henman Hill' as it has become known.

Official site
    www.wimbledon.org

bb - veteran of 11 Wimbledons

ReputationRep:
    I went to wimbledon a few years ago, and queued up in the morning. I took the 1st available train, and then queued. It's actually not too bad the queuing. I was just was annoyed that I just missed ot on a free t-shirt, when the group in front of me and my cousins got abot 3. It is possible to get show court tickets by queuing up on the day, but it depends on how far up the queue you are. A certain number of show court tickets are offered to the people queuing, so you can still get them.

ReputationRep:
    I am working at Wimbledon Tennis doing security this yr...if you slip me a tenner I'll let you in the secret way...haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I am working at Wimbledon Tennis doing security this yr...if you slip me a tenner I'll let you in the secret way...haha
    Ooh, lucky!

ReputationRep:
    i no pete sampras

ReputationRep:
    you are way to late to get tickets in advance. It's all done by a ballot, you just enter your details, day(s) and how many tickets you want. It's one entry for the ballot per address I think. We did about 10 addresses and have 8 tickets I think, but i'm not going, got school.
    Was front row on centre court for women's semi-finals two years ago, was great fun. It's a really good day out. Ascot and Henley are good post-exam days out as well.

ReputationRep:
    Members of the lawn tennis association are able to buy tickets without ballot, I'm fairly sure it had to be done ages ago now.

my other account has been disabled :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by аmеxblack)
    Members of the lawn tennis association are able to buy tickets without ballot, I'm fairly sure it had to be done ages ago now.

my other account has been disabled :confused:
    No, there is a separate LTA ballot where your chances of getting tickets are higher. To get into this ballot you just subscribe to ACE Tennis magazine. Tennis clubs which are LTA registered are sold an allocation of tickets though, and it is up to them how they distribute these to their members.

All ballots were over by 1st March anyway. Entries have to be in by 31st December.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I didn't get tickets in this year's ballot either, so I'm camping out overnight in the queue, to get show court tickets.

I did this 2 years ago, and it was worth it, but that's only my view, because I LOVE tennis.

I'm planning to arrive on the Sunday morning after middle Saturday, and queue all day Sunday, and overnight, to get tickets for Monday's play.

Can't wait... and the queuing isn't that bad!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, it's piss easy to get centre court and court 1 tickets on resale. Just queue up for about about an hour outside at the end of the day and it will cost you a fiver!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I went to wimbledon a few years ago, and queued up in the morning. I took the 1st available train, and then queued. It's actually not too bad the queuing. I was just was annoyed that I just missed ot on a free t-shirt, when the group in front of me and my cousins got abot 3. It is possible to get show court tickets by queuing up on the day, but it depends on how far up the queue you are. A certain number of show court tickets are offered to the people queuing, so you can still get them.
    oh yeah i forgot completely about that. i was 71st in the queue that day, so well within the first 150 to be offerec court 1 and court 2 tickets. but that day was men's semi final day so centre court was sold out.

ReputationRep:
    I just found out that a ticket for the men's final is.......£7500!
    Can you believe it!! it's ridiculous!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_wizzz)
    I just found out that a ticket for the men's final is.......£7500!
    Can you believe it!! it's ridiculous!!
    It's £75 according to www.wimbledon.org If you see one for sale at £7500, it is probably from a ticket tout.

Yes, you can queue up for re-sale tickets but you will only get to see one match, two if lucky. I would rather have the whole day because I have to travle quite far.

adk - you are insane! hope you have a great time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babyballerina)
    adk - you are insane! hope you have a great time.
    Lol... I wouldn't go that far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)

ThanksX
    If you are desperate for show court tickets ie Centre or 1 you need to start queing at least by mid-day the day before. That's what ive done for the past few years and got show court tickets. Queing is alright and you can expect to get some sleep as long as some yobs dont come along at 3.30am and start beeping their horn and shouting wake up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    If you are desperate for show court tickets ie Centre or 1 you need to start queing at least by mid-day the day before. That's what ive done for the past few years and got show court tickets. Queing is alright and you can expect to get some sleep as long as some yobs dont come along at 3.30am and start beeping their horn and shouting wake up
    how do you mean queue from mid-day the day before.... outside wimbledon? :confused:

i arrived outside the main gates around 6:20-6:30 am, and was well within the allocated 150 who had the option of buying show court tickets. tho that WAS men's semis day as i sed earlier so it may be different.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.