The Student Room Group

Do i pay council tax? I live full time at Home and doing a Degree.

I'm a full time student and doing a degree at my local university , I know I have to pay rent (Cool with paying that) , Do i pay Council tax on top?
No
Thank You.
Your uni an give you a certificate to show exemption.
Thanks.

Once i give my finance information in on Monday I'll ask for one.

Thanks once again.
Original post by stoltguyboo
I'm a full time student and doing a degree at my local university , I know I have to pay rent (Cool with paying that) , Do i pay Council tax on top?

You personally shouldn't have to pay council tax, however if you live at home with two working adults then that won't affect the size of the council tax bill. If you just live with one working adult then they can claim a 25% discount if you show your exemption certificate to the council.
Reply 6
I'm Confused about council tax too, can someone shed some light. Me and my sister are both full time students at university living at home. And our parents are retired. Should we paying council tax or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jelly1000
You personally shouldn't have to pay council tax, however if you live at home with two working adults then that won't affect the size of the council tax bill. If you just live with one working adult then they can claim a 25% discount if you show your exemption certificate to the council.

Thank you I spoken to the people today and they confirmed I don't pay Council Tax.

Both my parents are disabled and on Pension Credit Guarantee.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending