The Student Room Group

My grade went up after remark!!! But....

Im just a little skeptical.

So I had a B in my Sociology AS, after remark it went to an A but the main exam paper I got remarked is still a B.

So in my first unit I got 68 UMS which is an A. The second unit I initially got 88 UMS which is a B, after remark 92 UMS, which is still a B. Overall 160UMS.

Im so grateful for my grade going higher but I dont understand, the paper which I got an A is a low A, and the paper which I still have a B in was the main heavy paper worth 60%...but its still an overall A.

Did AQA make a mistake?
UMS or raw mark?
Reply 2
Original post by Noodlzzz
UMS or raw mark?

Now its 160 UMS
You're total UMS is what decides the grade.

You're individual test grades are just a reference for you so u can see how well u did. Those grades aren't taken into account. Only the numbers matter.
Reply 4
Original post by Starvation13
You're total UMS is what decides the grade.

You're individual test grades are just a reference for you so u can see how well u did. Those grades aren't taken into account. Only the numbers matter.

So I defo got an A?
Original post by HenryKenry
So I defo got an A?

If it's 160/200 UMS, yes.
Reply 6
Im just a little skeptical.

So I had a B in my Sociology AS, after remark it went to an A but the main exam paper I got remarked is still a B.

So in my first unit I got 68 UMS which is an A. The second unit I initially got 88 UMS which is a B, after remark 92 UMS, which is still a B. Overall 160UMS.

Im so grateful for my grade going higher but I dont understand, the paper which I got an A is a low A, and the paper which I still have a B in was the main heavy paper worth 60%...but its still an overall A.

Did AQA make a mistake?

In total, you need 160/200 UMS to get an A.
You got 68 UMS in the first paper which is a strong A and 92 UMS (after remark) in the second paper.
These two marks are added together for a mark out of 200. Yours add up to 160/200 which is an A

No mistake:biggrin:. Congrats by the way!
So I defo got an A?

Yep, congratz!

So you're now a borderline idiot instead of a complete imbecile, cos you know...

...IT'S SOCIOLOGY :lol:

-----

lol just kidding, You did get an A though, but keep in mind that u scraped that A. So work hard!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest